Chapter 22

I had updated this on quotev but totally blanked on updating it on here. Here you guys go, more to come as we're quarantining.

______________________________________________________

You closed your eyes, breathing in the warm air and thinking.

" God, I need to stop with this," Tetsu said, brushing his hair out of his face. "I'm only doing this because of the fact that I know all of this is my fault, I'm in no position to be making you chose. I've messed up, plenty of times, I can't be making these demands. I always shuffle back and forth in my mind with what to do and I don't understand why I continuously do it because I love you more than any human that has walked the face of this planet. This front I put up, I tell myself I don't want a relationship and then I get out of check and make bad decisions like treating you the completely opposite way of what you deserve. In reality I want you, I need you. You're like oxygen to my lungs and when we're apart I've tried to get over you but I can't, it always comes back to kick me in the butt. I can't push away this feeling I have for you. I love you. And I have. That's the scariest part because if I lose you, I'll have lost the only person I see a future with and I'll have lost your light. "

You watched him, his irises were glowing ambers with heavy bags that hung below his eyes. You were shocked, that's not the response you were expecting.

" Tetsu, where did this come from?" You asked, he fixed his positioning before he closed his eyes shut. " From the heart, I can't betray my feelings for you like I have been. And it's not fair to you to treat you like this. I've been an asshole, and it's not okay because you deserve the best and at one period of time I gave that to you and I want to give it to you again. Only if you're willing to give me another try. If not I'll walk out of this door and leave you alone because I want what's going to make you happy. I just need to make you happy for once because that's all you deserve and you having been sick reminds me that I don't know how quickly I could lose you and for whatever amount of days you have left I need you to be happy."

" You need to stop going back and forth on these things. I don't know what to trust you say you're in love but you question what happens when we're older and if something happens to me, I don't know what to believe." You said feeling the tiny cracks he left on your heart sting as you spoke.

" I could give a f*ck about what happens in the future anymore. You could die and leave me alone with 10 children, all I know is I want the rest of your days to be alongside me. And I want the rest of my days to be alongside yours. You could end up in the hospital and I'll have to visit you everyday even though you can't respond, I just want to be the person that gives you happiness for as long as you life and breathe and love. I just want to be able to give you everything you want. I want my children to be half of you, with your personality and beautiful smile. That's what I want, even if I only get you for a little bit of time it's better than not having you at all."

You sat there, watching as a salty tear fell from the corner of his eye while he clenched his teeth. " I love you and it absolutely sucks that I've put you through this. So if you chose to walk away I can't say anything. No more bs, no more tough guy. I just want you to be okay." He said, his voice cracking at the last part.

"I love you. And I know you know that ." You said softly, biting your lip as you thought about the wrongs he had committed. " But I forgive your wrongs. I just need you to not do them again because I'm tired."

" I know and that's why I'm making a promise to you to always put your interests first and for you to be happy. And to never leave your side because a little bit of time with you is priceless. " Despite his disheartening appearance with wild hair, dark eyes, and oddly pale face, he gave you a precious smile that melted your heart.

" That's why I'm doing this," he said, getting onto one knee, reaching into his back pocket. He had this planned for as long as he could remember. Your jaw dropped as you tried to process his actions.