Chapter 4

"Are you going to wait for him?" Your best friend asked, shifting besides you on the bed. You sighed before tilting your head back against the wall. "I don't think so."
"You shouldn't wait for him." She told you honestly, to which you raised your head from the wall nodding. It was true, he was going to graduate and off doing his own thing, it would be pointless, besides the fact that your heart was currently aching from him. He told you his feelings, and as soon as you began to lose yours, he'd say or do something that had you falling head over heels for him again. Of course, he was a good friend, but he was indirectly playing with your emotions while he messed around with other girls.
You let out a breath you had been holding in, "I wasn't planning on it." You decided if he really wanted you, he'd put you first, instead of the other girls. So no, he wasn't worth waiting for if he wasn't going to put you first now.

You realized you needed to get rid of these feelings as soon as possible. They could indefinitely screw up your friendship with Kuroo, when you both were just beginning to become close friends again.
Although, you did hear him say my love, which was really disarming because you didn't want to think that he possibly liked you again. That terrified you, you didn't want to have that sensation of totally falling head over heels for a guy who messed with your heart in high school.
He didn't want you then, so what made you think he'll want you now? You let out a groan as you leaned against the back of the booth in the university's coffee shop, sitting alone with a book in front of you.
Momentarily, you felt eyes looking at you, to which you look around, before your orbs landed on him. Him was Terushima Yuuji, the boy who was incredibly attractive. You had been talking to him as friends and study buddies since he was in two of your college classes. Honestly, most people didn't view him as the greatest guy, but he was actually a really good person. He would often text you to see if there was anything you needed help with and make you laugh when you were sad. Terushima wasn't actually a bad guy at all, although he was known for being really wild in high school. But as soon as college came around he tamed his wildness to just playfulness most of the time.
"Hey cutie, I saw you other there, and I noticed you were sitting alone. Are you good?" He asked, his eyes looking at you with a spark in them. You smiled at him, before nodding your head. " Yeah, want to go out and get some air?" You asked, to which he nodded his head, following you out the coffee shop. Just as your luck may be, as you walked out of the shop you saw Kuroo, with his arm draped over another girl.
Little did you know that it was because he was trying to get some homework answers out of her, but right now that isn't relevant since you had no clue.
You clenched your jaw, before turning your head back to Terushima, who gave you a smile that was easy on the eyes. "You sure you're okay? You look sort of upset?" He asked, carefully considering your reaction. You grinned at him, before nodding your head. "Nah, I'm good."
"Good, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be worrying about things like that. All you should be worrying about is whether you're going to wear jeans or sweatpants to class." He said, elbowing your side playfully. You laughed at his joke, before he wrapped you into a hug. "Your face dropped as soon as you saw Kuroo-san, you're starting to like him again, aren't you? Bokuto is quite the gossiper I must say." Terushima said, to which you sighed. " I don't know. And of course he is."
"Well, don't look now but he has his eye on you." He whispered, his arms still wrapped around you, shielding the outside world from your private conversation. "He looks pretty jealous, despite having his arm around that other girl." Terushima added in, before he broke away from the confidential hug.

"I don't know anymore with him. I feel like it'd be easier if we were just friends." You said, to which Kuroo began making his way to you guys. " Well, here he comes, stealing my time from a beautiful girl like you." The male mumbled before looking at the approaching person.
"Hey I was wondering if I could talk to (f/n) alone if that's okay with you? I don't want to disrupt your friendly conversation." Kuroo said, tucking his hands into his sweat pant pockets. Terushima side glanced at you, before clicking his piercing against his teeth. "Sure I guess, text me later." He said, before wrapping an arm around you and whispering, "Tell me how it goes cutie."
Terushima disappeared back to the coffee shop before you looked up at Kuroo with a questioning look. "What's up?" You asked, crossing yours arms over your chest.
"You've been acting kind of distance for the past few days since the party. I didn't do anything did I?" He asked, before running a hand through his hair, which you noticed he did when he was nervous.
"You didn't do anything, don't worry." You gave him a smile to which he dropped his hand back down at his side.
"Okay, good. Thank you by the way." He said, his amber eyes shining at you, with the same sparkle they did the day of graduation.
"Yeah no problem, so I see you got a girl wrapped around your finger." You told Kuroo to which he gave a soft chuckle. "No, she's just a friend. How about you? That boy was attractive." He said, as you laughed at him. "I'm glad you think so."
"You didn't answer my question."
"I mean does it really matter if we are or aren't?" You asked, to which he placed a hand over his heart. "I'm hurt. I thought we could tell each other anything."
"Okay then I have a question for you." You said, before he nodded his head, eyes locked on you.
"Before you fell asleep a few nights ago, you said goodnight my love." You stated, feeling gutsy as to ask him why.
"I did? Really?" He kept his usual demeanor despite the anxiety currently coursing through his veins.
"Yeah...."
"Oh, well that's weird, I wonder why I said it, if you're trying to get at that I like you then you're wrong, because I-"
"Oh okay, good that's what I thought! I just wanted to clarify. Well I'm going to go back to hang out with Yuuji since we were interrupted, I'll see you." You said somewhat hastily, trying to cover up the hurt in your voice before walking away. You failed because Kuroo stood there, tilting his head back before letting out a exasperated sigh .
"I was going to say If you're trying to say that I like you then you're wrong because I love you." He murmured, biting his lip. He didn't know how, but every time he always ended up screwing with your emotions, to tell you he loved you than say he didn't like you like that, it brought your self-confidence down as well.
What sucked the most for Kuroo was that he loved you, and he just sent an emotional punch into the girl who was beginning to fall for him. He wandered over to the coffee shop, in search of you.
"How'd it go?" Terushima asked you, sitting at your table with your book open and eyes plastered on the pages. "Well, he said he didn't like me, let alone love me." You said with a hurt chuckle while sliding into the booth closest to the entrance beside the male. He sighed, before rubbing your back comfortingly.
"I'm sorry. And so that means what for your emotions?" Terushima asked, as the door swung open.
" I can't play this game again, not with him. I don't ever want to be with Kuroo." You said out of hurt which transpired into frustration momentarily.
Kuroo heard your comment before sucking in his breath, loud enough for you to look away from the table, eyes landing on the bed headed male. You tensed up, before he softly spoke, trying to hold back the raging hurt in his voice, "I was going to tell you I love you (f/n), but it's not like it matters anymore."