Chapter 7

After that night, you weren't sure what to say and to respond back to Kuroo with, yeah you liked him a lot still, and he obviously liked you. But, you were still hesitant with him. You knew how he felt about you now, or had been, but there was no way in hell that he was going to get you back that easily.

Kuroo was a good guy. He was the kind of person you'd be the first one to text to pick you up from the party or if you were having a bad day. He was wiling to offer up his sparse amount of free time to help you out with something, and he genuinely care about all his friends.

But, he was pretty good at getting whatever he wanted, and if he wanted you now, he was going to have work for it. You typically didn't wait around for one person you had feelings for, mainly because if they didn't want you now, then they didn't deserve your time later.

All these thoughts had swamped your brain when you were listening to him talk about how much he wanted you. The small pit in your stomach returned when he said he wished those other girls were you.

Your thoughts were broken as you heard your dorm door open. You got off your bed to see Akaashi letting in Kuroo, who seemed to be a bit shocked at first.

"It's good to see you." Kuroo said, greeting the dark-haired male as he greeted him with a hug. Akaashi returned the gesture, before giving him one of his friendly "smiles."

"What are you doing here?" Kuroo asked, eyes searching for you in your dorm. You sighed, before moving towards the living room and kitchen area.

"He's staying here until his dorm is ready to move in, I figured it'd be good to hang out with him, and since the semester is only 3 days in, he already made up all his work for the rest of the classes, so we have free time together." You said before Akaashi could reply. He shrugged at Kuroo, who bit his lip. "That's cool, how's the couch feel?" He asked the male, who raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't know. I've been sleeping in her bed, she said she'd take the couch so I could be comfortable, and as stubborn as she is, she fell asleep on the couch so I'd have no choice." Akaashi said, his orbs glittering with amusement as Kuroo looked shocked for the second time in five minutes .

"But I had to sleep on the couch..." He muttered softly, to which you snorted, and Akaashi broke out into one of his rare smiles.

"Eh, he gets special privileges." You said, before you made your way to the couch searching for a cookie from the batch Akaashi had bought for you. Kuroo felt almost sickened by what he was witnessing, you in the same room with Akaashi, your ex-boyfriend, and he was sleeping there. It wouldn't be that bad if Akaashi was a bad guy, but he wasn't at all, he was one of the most genuine and nicest guys Kuroo knew.

The questions that lingered in his head was if you and Akaashi were going to get back together. This wouldn't be happening if he didn't screw up the first time.

Kuroo moved to sit on the couch as he brushed past you, before you shook your head at the boy. "How do you always find a way to come crash my dorm room, besides how long are you going to stay? Akaashi and I are going to go out." You told him, before Akaashi made his way to your bedroom.

Kuroo gave you a startled look, before gulping. "Like on a date?"

"I'm just showing him around the campus then the city and we're going to get dinner."

"So a date?"

"Look, we're good friends, we're just going out."

"So you guys are going to get back together?" He asked, looking at you with eyes that had instantly darkened.

"Why do you want to know so badly?"

"Because I like you okay? That's why and you know it." Kuroo said quietly so only you could hear.

"Tetsu... I."

"But if I have to fight to get you back again, I will, because I want you more than anything." He said, sliding off the couch, before making his way to the door.

"(f/n), if there is anything I regret the most, it's losing you, and I swear, I'm never going to make that mistake again.I don't deserve you, I know that. But I don't think I could live without that smile of yours for any longer. " Kuroo said softly, before opening the door and leaving the dorm room.

You let out a deep breath, before the crushing feeling worked it's way to your chest once more.

"Ready to go?" Akaashi asked, slipping his hands in his jacket pockets. You looked up at him and smiled, your eyes catching his.

"Of course." As the sinking feeling settled in your stomach.