Chapter 24

Well, what can be said about your relationship with Kuroo now? A couple months had passed, and you had unmistakably seen a change in him. He became focused on working on the parts that had faltered. You, rightfully so, were very skeptical of him. He had advocated that he had changed earlier, yet he hadn't. You were very aware of this, knowing that he may be up to par for the first couple of months, before he started slacking off and resorting to his old ways. Throughout the three to four months following his proposal, he worked to love not just you, but everyone in the way they needed to be loved. He actively went out of his way to meet your needs in every aspect. Kuroo would drop by the store if he saw you were running low on groceries and pick up food for you, before restocking your pantry.

He began to learn how to fix things around the house, which became useful when water line had broken. Your property owner was very slow to get around to sending a person to work on it.

You, with your slowly flooding apartment were panicking. You tried every youtube video you could to figure it out but it seemed as if there was no hope. Kuroo was prompt to call his uncle, one of the best handyman of the decade, and ask for advice. Following the phone call, Kuroo came over to your house with the new parts and tools necessary to fix it. And well, he did.

He backed off slightly, giving you space so that he didn't seem too overbearing, but he stayed close enough so you knew where his feelings stood. However, the biggest change you saw was in your arguments. One particular argument that occurred a couple months ago stood out the most to you.

" Tetsu, I've told you this a couple times but your tone, when you're upset with me, it gives me the impression that you're talking down to me. I know you don't purposely do it, because I know you and you wouldn't want to make someone feel littler than you." You said, crossing your arms over your chest. Kuroo nodded his head and listened carefully before putting together the thoughts in his head.

" I see. I'm sorry, I truly don't mean to do it at all, it some weird tendency I see have. I don't want to give you the impression that you're below me, because you're truly not. But, please be patient with me, I'm still working on it." He said truthfully, his eyes meeting yours with a soft yet reassuring glint.

And the surprising part, he fixed it. Yes it took time and patience, and he would fall short occasionally , but in truth he was human. So were you. By no means were you above him, you carried your own faults as well. The only difference between his mistakes and yours was he had a track record of it, you weren't necessarily clean of mistakes, but he was a repeated offender.

Helping someone who once was toxic and in an awful state of mind was not ideal. But, after much thought you pondered how indeed most of human relationships can be toxic, even if momentary. This is the product of putting two humans with the capacity to feel and base their logic off of ever changing emotions . However, you by no means held the obligation to help him or to rewrite your story. You had to know your self worth to help him and know what you could and couldn't take on top of also knowing what was okay or what was past the limit. While it may seem like this is the task of any relationship, it was important for yourself to note that you needed to be hyper actively aware of your boundaries. To prevent any potential implications from being physical with each other, Kuroo strayed away from physical affection in case it would cloud yours or his judgement. Together, you reworked the base of your relationship, which had once been a friendship you both cherished. The more time you spent together the more your love for each other developed from the strengthening friendship. Even in arguments, when emotions clouded judgement and muddled thoughts, the admiration you carried for each other was enough to ground you from making any rash decisions.