Chapter 13

All you wanted was Kuroo's attention, soon you'd be going back to your busy lifestyle of college and he was sitting on the couch beside you on his phone. He had basically been giving you his undivided attention for most of the time, but this time he wasn't. At first you didn't care, but it had only been two weekends since he had confessed his feelings to you on the rooftop of his home. It was strange, from that day on you'd been feeling uneasy about him. It made you question your feelings, although you knew they were strong for him.

"Well, I'm leaving." You told him, getting up off the couch. He had been distracted lately, and it was very unsettling.

"Okay, have fun." Within seconds of his response there was a knock on his door. Akaashi was waiting for you, eager to tell you about the developing relationship between him and his girlfriend. While you were anxious to tell him about Kuroo's withdrawals and yours.

Akaashi immediately looped his arms around your shoulders. "I know you. Why do you have that look on your face." He said, his usual stoic expression giving way to a concerned face. You slid into the passenger side of Akaashi's car, before letting out a big sigh.

"It's just that, I mean remember when I told you everything he confessed to me?" You said, letting out a deep breath.

"Yes. When you were at his house right?" Akaashi asked, starting up the car before leaving Kuroo's apartment.

"I don't understand now, something just seems off about him. It makes me weary, and it used to not be this way, but for some weird reason it has, and I don't know if I'm paranoid or what. " You said, thinking about the odds of being put into a mental hospital.

"I know what you mean, I don't know what it is, but I've been seeing it too. It's unsettling. " Akaashi said, his brows began to furrow, his mind wandering to what it could be. It wasn't only you that was feeling something different about him.

"But you shouldn't worry about it, it's probably nothing." Akaashi reassuringly told you, and of course, you sat there acting like everything was going to be okay. But you weren't so sure, this strange feeling had just come up after Aniya had sent those messages and pictures to him. You believed Kuroo when he said there was nothing, but at this moment in time you were slightly afraid to think it and be wrong.

Akaashi then told you about how his girlfriend and him were getting along well, and how he planned to show her off to his mom. You happily and contently listened, trying to be the most supportive friend with an internal battle that was invisible.

Akaashi's mom had asked if you could come over and help her make candy baskets for an orphanage, so of course you were on board to help her out. For the most part, the rest of the car ride was silent as you thought about what to do. It made you feel stupid, it was an ongoing battle with yourself to determine whether you should stay and talk to Kuroo or high-tail the heck out of there. Feelings were literally the scariest things for you to handle, giving your heart to somebody with a 88% chance they might fracture it like the first time, but even worse.

"Hey. Have you seen Bokuto's snapchat story?" Akaashi asked, as you had just finished your conversation with his mom, although your head had been in the clouds.

You shook your head as you sat down the couch beside him. He looked hesitant to show you, but he knew that it was right. You took his phone, clicking on Bokuto's snapchat story hesitantly. There, pictured was a picture of Kuroo, with the famous she-devil Aniya. He was sitting on the armrest of the couch and she was leaning over, her head slightly resting on his side. They both were smiling, and you felt your heart grow a thousand thorns, each pricking you painfully.

"I don't know why that idiot put it on his story. Or the purpose of it." Akaashi pulled you into his embrace, as you sat there, staring at the picture until it disappeared. You felt yourself shrivel up inside. It was the most disarming feeling. You sat there, taking a deep breath as Akaashi kept you in his arms, your anxiety only seemed to heighten. Feelings. Boys. The two worst things mixed into one left you with a pile of regret.

"He's doing it to make me jealous. But I don't know why, he knows how I feel about Aniya too." You said with a sigh as he patted your back. "I know. I don't know why either." You heard Akaashi's phone buzz with a snapchat as he let out a sigh. "Bokuto said he was forced to put this on his story, I guess they wanted it on there." You groaned, great.

"What are you going to do?" Akaashi asked.

"I don't know, but I know one thing, he's used to getting what he wants. And I don't want him to think I won't leave him, because I will if he keeps acting like this. Right?" You asked, feeling yourself shrivel up inside. He had let you go once, this time it wasn't about being let go, it was about you walking away.

"That is true about him. He's smart, attractive, and easy to talk to. But you're easy to fall in love with, trust me. I don't think he's used to competition, even if he was expecting it. " Akaashi said, as you looked up at him with an uneasy smile on your face. You let out a groan, was your relationship worth it? Was he worth it?