Chapter 12

Groaning, you climbed up out of bed, checking the clock as you made your way to the door. 5:54 am, sheesh you had hardly slept. You opened the door, before you stpped, hitting a massive object laying on the floor. Within seconds you flew over it, landing on the ground with a thud.

Irritated, you looked at the object you had fallen over, seeing Kuroo wrapped up in a bundle of blankets on the floor. You sat there as he stirred, blinking repeatedly until his eyes focused.

"Why the heck are you on the floor outside my room?!" You asked with a slightly annoyed tone in your voice. Kuroo groaned before sitting up, still enwrapped in his cloak of blankets. "I felt you leave last night. And I went to go see if you were okay but you had locked the door. So I fell asleep out here waiting for you." He said, rubbing his crazy hair that was currently out of his face for once.

"It's whatever, I'm going to go on a morning walk." You said, getting up off the floor while leaving the boy who watched you with a hurt look in his eyes.

You were already down the stairs and out the door by the time Kuroo could untangle himself to catch up with you. You just wanted to stop feeling so on edge with him, there was so many signs that you couldn't help but be worried. He was hot, of course he was going to get girls. Kuroo knew that you felt you were extremely unattractive yourself. However, he begged to differ, you were one of the, maybe most naturally beautiful girl he had met. Which also made him uneasy, you left him once, you could leave him a second time, especially for the blue eyed gorgeous angel you called Akaashi.

"( f/n)! Wait!" He said, jogging down the driveway to catch up to you. You decided you wouldn't turn around, casually taking a morning walk while ignoring him. But you felt an arm tug you back, before you stopped walking as your heart sped up.

"Please listen to me." He said softly. Willingly, you turned around to look at him. You hadn't even realized he was half naked chasing you down the street. He was wearing his old Nekoma shorts that were pretty short with no shirt on. He honestly looked like a mess, a very attractive one though.

"There isn't much to figure out why you left last night." Kuroo ran one hand through his hair, before you shook your head.

"Let's go home and you can tell me there. You look like a stripper." You said coldly, before turning to walk back to his home. Within a minute you were in the house, before Kuroo led you back up the staircase to his room. He raised the window, before telling you to climb through it onto the roof. Voluntarily you did, before working a ways up the roof and taking a seat.

There was still an hour until rise, but you didn't mind sitting in the darkness, it felt pretty enjoyable actually. Until Kuroo joined.

He sat beside you, watching as the marks of daylight were beginning to filter through the dark sky. "I know you saw her messages. Which ones I don't know." Kuroo said, pulling his knees up to his chest as he wrapped his arms around his knees.

For once you could tell he was genuinely upset at himself, and by the looks of it you could tell he was hurting. However, you remained quiet, watching as birds flew across the sky rejoining together at the powerlines.

"You need to talk to me. The last thing I want to do is hurt you." Kuroo said softly, you could hear the ache in his voice as he was basically begging for you to say anything.

"You had said Aniya was a good friend."

"She is a good friend. We used to be off and on in high school, but it was never anything serious."

"Did you do things with her?" You asked, before pulling your knees up to your chest, burying your head into your arms. He took a deep breath before letting out a sigh.

"Yeah, we never went all the way, but yes we did things."

"And why is she texting you saying those thing? You said you were good friends, not fuck buddies." You said with some ache in your tone, the whole situation made you feel like crap.

"We've never gone that far with each other, but she's my friend and I-"

"I get it, she's your friend, and that's cool. I could care less, but she's texting you in the middle of the night saying those things?" You asked.

"She's asked a few other times but I usually brush her off, I wasn't expecting her to send pictures too." Now this was news to you. Pictures. She probably had a model body too.

"That's fantastic, bet you enjoyed those." You said cooly.

"I guess you didn't see them."

"Nope. By the looks of her I bet she has an amazing body." You watched as the sky began to turn an interesting shade of blue as the sun came up. You just wanted to block everything out, any feelings for him.

"Yeah, her body is nice. But I like yours a lot better. You don't try to be hot or attractive, you just are. And it still puzzles me to this day how someone like you can exist in this world." He said making eye contact with you.

"I can see the doubt and hurt in your eyes even though you're trying to hide it." Kuroo said once more, before you dropped your gaze from his.

"I like you a lot (f/n). I texted Aniya telling her to never send me messages like that again. I deleted all the photos. You're my first priority, not her. Your feelings come first, and I don't want you to ever feel like you have to compete with another girl." Kuroo said reassuringly, at this point you were terrified to believe him.

"I'm sorry she sent those. I'm sorry she was so cruel to you in that message. You are good enough, and most definitely fun enough."He said once more.

"I'm just afraid you'll get bored of me and look to her or someone else for amusement. I don't want it to end up like the first time." You replied honestly, before burying your face into your arms once more.

" I still don't completely know why I done what I did in the first place. But I know one thing for sure, I don't want to ever let you go. There's a reason why I had you meet my mom, she's a great woman, but she doesn't love just anyone. Last night she told me that she wanted you to be the one for me. And I can't help but agree that I want you to be the one for me too." Kuroo replied, before you looked up at him, eyes wide.

"So, I'm so sorry Aniya sent those messages and I told her off about it but you're the one I want to be with and I told her to stop. Please just trust me." He said softly.

You shook your head before letting out a deep breath. " Okay. I trust you."

"Okay good, now kitten let's go inside and get some breakfast, and hopefully then I'll be able to put on more clothes. "He said jokingly, before crawling off the roof then sliding back into room from his window. Kuroo stuck his head out, making sure you arrived safely before he leaned over, placing a reassuring kiss on your forehead.