Chapter 11

What Aniya said had basically slipped your mind with more important things to worry about. Kuroo had asked if you wanted to go home with him for the weekend to meet his mother. It was strange, after all the times you had hung out in high school, both of you had never met each other's parents.

So, here you were, sitting passenger seat as Kuroo tapped his thumbs on the wheel repeatedly, thinking. You ignored the countless texts he got from Aniya, until you could no longer keep your mouth shut. " I guess Anyia likes you a lot." You commented, watching as his amber eyes drifted to his phone.

"Yeah, good friends since our second year and all." He said, you raised an eyebrow and nodded your head, before you picked up your own phone and went to the messages you hadn't replied to yet. One particular message stuck out to you, it was concerning Aniya actually. A good friend of yours from Fukurodani had dated a boy at Nekoma for half a year, until she found out that he had been cheating on her.

From: Eri-chan

Hey! We have to meet up soon to catch up once we both get on break. But, Takashi had cheated on me when we were second years with some girl named Aniya. It was jacked up because we were actually friends, I don't know if you remember her but she had blonde hair and green eyes and she went to Nekoma. Why do you ask?

To:Eri-chan

No reason! But yes definitely.

You sat there, biting your lip. Typically you weren't a jealous person, but you faintly recognized that name, and once Eri had confirmed it for you, you felt suspicion towards your boyfriend who was currently driving.

"What's with that look on your face kitten?" He asked, side glancing at you. You shrugged before giving him a smile. "Just a puzzling message." You said softly, watching as he pulled up to a cute house with a grey cat with green eyes sitting on the front lawn.

"We're here. I'll get your stuff, but that's Beryllium. Bery for short." He said, smiling as the cat wandered up to you as you got out of the car.

"Tetsurou, I can't believe you named your cat after an element." You said, crouching to pick up the feline.

"What? He's slate grey, it seemed like perfect name."

"Most normal people name their cat like Tiger or something. You're such a science nerd, I can't believe people actually think you're cool." You said, as Bery curled in your arms, purring.

"I am cool." He hissed back at you, moving your bag onto his shoulder.

"Son, I hate to break it to you, but what she said is right." A warm voice said from the porch. Your eyes wandered to the top of the stairs, seeing a middle-aged woman with striking eyes and dark long hair looking at you with a smile.

"And you must be the extraordinary (f/n) my son has not stopped talking about. As you can tell I'm his mother." She said, her smile was incredibly kind and welcoming.

"It's an honor to meet the amazing woman that has been able to put up with Tetsu for all his life." You said teasingly, before she went down the stairs, enwrapping you and Bery into a hug.

"You guys are both so mean." Kuroo whined behind you, as his mother tried hiding her laugh in your shoulder. You giggled, before she pulled away, leading you up the stairs. You placed Bery the cat back on the lawn before you began your tour around the house.

It was actually really cute. His home was two stories, with a warm, welcoming feel you could not get enough of. Walking through the halls, you saw only pictures of Kuroo and his mother together, with no father. You questioned it as you sat down on a stool in the kitchen.