Chapter 16

Just as your luck would have it, you had been hanging at a friend's, who lived 20 minutes down the street from Bokuto. -

Well it was all fun until it started pouring and they closed down the road for you to head home. You were in the car, when you pulled to a stop, watching as they closed the road. You could see water rushing from the hill, flooding the bottom of the hill which you were trying to get to turn left, which just ended up being where the worst part of the flooding was.

So, you sat there, in the pouring rain, until the flooding got worse. You were stuck, there was literally nowhere for you to go. The area where you were at was actually Bokuto's housing area, which sat at the bottom of a hill, luckily the storm drains prevented flooding where his house was. After deciding to give up your pride, you decided you'd give him a call.

"Hoot Hoot." You said, as you heard the ringing stop and the phone pick up.

"Hey it's my girl, what you up at this time for? Shouldn't you be watching one of your romance movies like you usually do when it's raining?" Bokuto asked, before you sat there and smiled. He knew you too well.

"You see, I got stuck in the storm and the roads are closed by your house. And it's eleven o'clock at night and I'm tired..." You said in whiny voice, waiting for your owl friend to get it.

"You're close to my house right? Just go crash there, I'm at a party right now. " He said excitedly, before you heard hollers in the background.

"But how do I get in?" You asked briefly, until he let out a very loud hoot.

"Have you even checked your keychain. You have a key to the apartment, it was on there yesterday so it should be there today." You unconsciously checked your keys, and there it was, like he promised. You had totally forgotten he had given you one months ago. "Is Kuroo home?" You asked, and he paused before replying, " No not at all. He's here partying with me too." Kuroo wasn't much of a partier, so this surprised you, apparently he had turned a new leaf.

"Okay, then I'm on my way, I'll sleep on your couch?" You added in, before he chuckled. " Good idea I haven't washed my sheets from last night."

"Alright for sure sleeping on the couch." You said, before you turned your car around, driving the mere twenty feet to arrive in front of Bokuto's apartment. You got out of the car, pulling your jacket over your head as you braved the pouring rain, until you got to the door and unlocked it as quickly as you could.

Once you walked inside, you flicked on all the lights, seeing no one was home, however both Bokuto's and Kuroo's doors were closed. It felt strange, to look at Kuroo's door and to long to be in that room cuddling up to him while watching a cheesy science movie because he loved them.

You stood there for a little bit of time, before you sighed and took off your jacket, going into Bokuto's room to get some clothes on. Since Bokuto wouldn't be home until tomorrow, you decided you'd sleep in your underwear with one of his massive shirts on. So, thus it began, the throwing your clothes into the dryer as you showered routine. Before changing then going to the t.v searching for the typical romance movie to watch. You then raided the fridge, because popcorn and ice cream was a necessity on lonely rainy days, not because you were sad, but because that crap was good.

About an hour in the movie, you felt your eyes get heavy as you curled up in the blankets. Until you felt a wet head of hair brush against you. You had never gotten off the couch quicker, not even for the pizza delivery guy. Kuroo was standing there, hands on his hips as he gave you a questioning look. "Why are you on my couch?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as he saw your attire. "And why are you wearing my shirt?" You froze for a minute. He wasn't supposed to be here at all, the male was supposed to be where Bokuto was, unless the sneaky stupid male lied.

"Why are YOU here?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest as you tried to be confident in the massive shirt that Kuroo claimed to be his. "I live here actually. I'm surprised you don't remember." He replied snarkily, at this point you weren't sure whether his tone was hostile. "Kou said I could come spend the night here cause the roads got closed off with the flood, and he said you were partying with him." You replied softly, actually slightly embarrassed, considering you were basically naked.

"I thought you knew me better than that, I'm not much of a party animal. "

"I know that you're not, that's why I was surprised. I can go sleep in the car if you want me to?" You asked, turning towards the door.

"Hold up. Don't jump to conclusions, you're fine okay? I'll get you some sweatpants to put on or something. You can still spend the night here, we are friends after all. Right?" He pitched in, running his hands through his hair. He quickly walked away before coming back with a pair of large sweatpants. "Sorry I didn't notice you were here earlier, I've been sleeping alot." Kuroo said, as you stood there assessing him. If you hadn't know better, you would have guessed he was fine. But he looked tired with bags underneath his eyes, he actually looked really sad.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were here. You know, if you're up for it, you wanna finish the rest of the movie with me?" You asked, pulling on the sweatpants that were way too long for your legs. You could see his amber eyes that had darkened begin to glow again.

"Sure, I'm a sucker for romance movies." He said, leaping over the couch as you both sat up, nibbling on popcorn and watching intensely. You both crashed on the couch, with your head on his chest as he laid on his back, arm wrapped around you. Your bodies had subconsciously melted together as you had fallen asleep. Either you were too tired to realize it, or you both were more than comfortable with how you were laying to wake you up.