Fifty

Chapter 50...wow.

SO MUCH IS REVEALED IN THIS CHAPTER I'M SCREAMING

Eleven.

The door scraped open loudly, so my head snapped up. I heard a big thump before the door closed again. I stayed silent for a second, then slowly spoke up.

"Max?" I asked in a whisper, and I heard shuffling on the floor.

"Yeah, it's me. El, I'm so sorry, I ruined everything. I ruined it," she rushed out, and her voice was so strained. She's crying, really hard.

"I-I don't understand," I spoke a bit louder so she could hear me over her crying.

"I tried to tell Dustin about you, but my brother heard and he told my dad. They put me in here and they aren't letting me out, I ruined everything," I almost couldn't understand her, but I pieced it together.

"Won't Dustin help, then?" I asked slowly, in case it was a dumb question. I heard her laugh sadly, then more shuffling before my bed dipped near my feet. I gave her room, pulling my legs up to my chest.

"I hope so. It just might take him a few days to do anything," she answered me quietly, and she was still sniffling a bunch. I frowned a bit.

"And Mike isn't looking for me, right?" I asked in a whisper, and it took her a minute to answer.

"No, he's not," she said simply, and I nodded to myself as tears stung my eyes.

"So he doesn't love me anymore? I know he broke some promises, but I thought he'd try to make up for it," I cried silently, and I felt her scoot closer. It was only a second before I felt her hand on my arm, and she trailed it down to find my hand. She found my other one quickly, and she squeezed them tight.

"El, you listen to me, that boy loves you more than words can describe. I have a power where I can read his mind, and I'm constantly running into thoughts about you. He thinks about you constantly, and I've never seen such love. He loves each and every part of you, and he will never stop. He's just...going through something really hard right now. I can't explain it, you wouldn't understand, just know that he loves you more than you can even begin to imagine. He always has," I was crying still, but now I had a huge smile on my face.

"Thank you, Max," I whispered, my smile evident in my voice. She squeezed my hands again before slowly letting go.

"What promise did he break?" She asked quietly, and I sighed.

"He said he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me again. He promised he wouldn't."
(A/N: Refer to "Wake Up, Mike" chapter sixteen, last paragraph. Because I'm evil.)

"It's my fault you're here," she then whispered, and my eyebrows furrowed.

"How?"

"I should've just told my parents that I have telekinesis. They wouldn't have gone after you," her voice got progressively more down, and it made me sad.

"Isn't that the power I have? They want me for that?" I asked slowly.

"No, they want you because they're angry you have it. I was born with telepathy, the power to read minds. I was really special until you figured out your powers. Papa didn't care about me anymore, he only cared about you. My parents have always been mad, they wanted me to be some big weapon. But you got the good power, and my dad is basically keeping you here for no reason. We don't truly need you, I just...I think he's trying to be the new Papa," she explained a lot and I tried to keep up, but still ended up confused.

"How can he make more people with powers? Papa did it in a bad way," I whispered, and she chuckled darkly.

"Well, that's funny. Guess what can make a child gain powers?" she asked in a deeper voice, almost raspy.

"What...?"

"Your blood."