prologue

the club is shaking with music, various people standing inside and outside as well. some drunk out of their minds while others slightly tipsy or even completely sober.

in the middle of the flashing lights, against the illuminated bar sits a tall boy, his eyes sparkling as he circles the rim of his glass which contains his fifth drink that evening. his friends seem to have found a better activity than comforting the moping boy and are now currently dancing aggressively to the bass of a very loud song.

simon hates loud places.

he didn't particularly wish to be at a club all by himself, it's just his friends thought it was a good idea to get his mind off his stupid mistakes and drag him to the crowded club ever. it wasn't as if simon didn't know his friends wanted him to find someone to bond with, he knew it would never happen. he was never smooth with the ladies.

"you finished up?" the bartender breaks the boy out of his thought as he stands in front of him, eyebrows raised and mouth sporting an amused smile.

"nah, i'm—" he hiccups, causing the latter to chuckle.

"wow you're a lightweight." he pats the boys shoulder. "i'm afraid i won't be giving you any more."

simon nods, raising his glass and downing his drink. the taste of alcohol isn't his favourite yet he just wants to forget what he did and not drown in the sea of his mistakes. he wishes he could control time so he could go back and think about his actions before actually acting on them.

"rough day?" the bartender doesn't seem to have any another people to serve as he makes casual conversation with the lost boy, simon doesn't find it in himself to feel bothered, instead he decides to talk back.

"yeah, fucked up real bad." his voice is groggy, head spinning and vision blurry. he wishes he could hold more than two drinks for long, but his body was too weak for that.

"chick problem?" the latter's green eyes are amused as if he is having fun in knowing about simon's pain.

"as if a chick would make me this miserable." he snorts causing the bartender to throw back his head in laughter as well.

"i'm just saying mate, half the time whoever comes here to be shit faced is either dealing with a heartbreak or stupid feelings." he shrugs taking simon's empty glass and filling it up again despite saying earlier that he wouldn't refill.

"i just so happen to support the wrong team and believe in them." he sighs, accepting the glass from the bartender.

"aah, so did you lose a bet that bad?" simon is shocked as to how the latter could even understand what he was talking about and he looks at him with raised eyebrows before nodding his head.

"i owned a restaurant, got drunk, bet on leeds due to my love for that team and got fisted. now i'm broke and jobless." he cuts to the chase, not knowing why he was even sharing his mistakes with someone he didn't know. hell due to his blurry vision he could hardly see his face.

"well that's life mate, you get shit done and then you fuck that shit up." the other shrugs. "i'm callum by the way. otherwise known as calfreezy in this club."

"freezy?" simon snorts, his vision finally clearing and his eyes focusing on the latter's face. he was pale, his features sharp and eyes green staring back at him with amusement, he looked like his long lost brother in a way.