something; 7

the bearded man is woken up to the sound of quiet giggles ascending from outside his room. at first he groans to himself, having being woken up at what he presumed was a very early time. he then rolls over in his bed and sees the time illuminated on the clock beside his bed.

07:32 AM.

he lets out a disgruntled groan before throwing his duvet off his only boxer clad body and jumps out of bed. before leaving his bedroom, he throws on a discarded tshirt and makes his way towards the sound of commotion.

there's soft music playing in the kitchen and the smell of eggs and pancakes is running throughout the whole apartment. it brings water in his mouth, but he supresses the urge and instead turns to enter the kitchen and scold whoever had woken him up this early.

but he doesn't enter the kitchen, instead his feet come to an abrupt halt and he feels his breath hitch at the scene in front of him.

simon is sitting on the countertop with jj standing between his legs, the shorter of the two bobbing his head to the beat of the song playing. jj leans forward to capture the latter's lips in a soft kiss and the bearded man moves to the side so the duo do not catch him staring.

he feels as if he is intruding a private moment, something only meant for jj and simon to see. making out in the morning to artists like ed sheeran while the eggs cook. he had done it too, hell he still did it with his girlfriend.

he knows he should leave, it's not for him to watch but then the duo break apart and simon is looking at the other man with so much adoration that even he feels his lungs contract. the boy's cerulean eyes are shining, full of love and care. his lips are sporting a lazy grin as he runs his fingers over his lover's cheek.

josh swears in all his years of knowing the younger boy, he has never seen him look like that. that being so drunk in love. he seems in a daze, almost as he himself he can't believe that he could feel all the things that jj was making him feel.

speaking of the dark-skinned boy, his back is turned towards the oldest man but he can just imagine the look on his face mirroring that on simon's. so full of love and admiration.

his green eyes drift towards the plate of hot pancakes sitting on the counter nearby. they look so tempting yet josh can't find it in himself to interrupt the moment the lovers are sharing. he just couldn't; not when simon was staring at the dark skinned boy as if he had hung up the moon and the stars in the sky.

even when his concious was scolding him to grab the delicious looking pancakes, he couldn't. the two boys were too peaceful and it made josh's heart warm to see his best friend smiling and looking so in love.

his thoughts drift to the many occasions where simon had come to him in his dorm, hand sporting a bottle of some drink and cheeks stained with tears. he remembered how the younger boy had cried about being rejected by a girl he fancied.

he remembers how he had stated he would never find love and that no one would ever like him. yet here he was, hands resting on jj's shoulders as he laughs at whatever he had whispered in his ear.

josh feels a smile plaster on his face, even he is feeling so out of breath from the look on simon's face, he can only imagine how the dark skinned boy must feel.