nothing; 1

"you stupid son of a bitch!" a loud slam knocks the hungover boy out of his slumber and he jolts awake, groaning in pain afterwards. "what the fuck were you thinking?" the door to his bedroom swings open and simon is greeted by the sight of his angry best friend.

"pipe down, my head hurts." he grunts before sitting up, his head heavy and eyes still drooping.

"pipe down?" the slightly older boy grits out, his eyes holding fire as he enters the room and leans against the doorframe. "simon, this is the third time one of your mistakes has lead to this."

"it's no big—"

"no big deal?! you fucking lost the one thing that was a source of income for this household! how the fuck are we meant to live to now?!" simon can feel the anger radiate off his best friend who stands there with clenched fists and a heaving chest.

"look josh, i'll fix it—" he tries to make his friend understand but he refuses to listen.

"no, that's what you always fucking say. that restaurant was not only yours to give! i had a fairshare in running it." josh's voice is loud, simon knows his neighbors can hear about yet another mistake he made.

"i–"

"do you ever see me bet a fucking building over millwall? no because i'm not a fucking wanker like you!" his anger gets the best of him as he picks up a photo frame on a nearby table, swinging it across the room.

"josh, i fucked up. i was drunk—"

"that still doesn't give you a reason to give away something that was ours!" the older boy yells angrily, simon knows it's best to stay quiet at these times. he once faced the consequences of talking back, he was sure he didn't want another bruise on the side of his jaw anytime soon.

"i'm sorry." simon whines, his eyes watering up and heart clenching. he always created such a mess, a mess that his friends still put up with even though they could just leave.

"fucking hell." josh exhales trying to calm himself before looking at simon. "i'll talk to them, was it deji yeah?"

"yeah, he was the one who made the deal in the first place." simon nods, wiping his eyes. "i'll come with."

"ok but if he disagrees, we need to find alternate jobs quick." josh nods, his anger now subsided. he straightens up from his previous position. "did vikk and tobi take you out yesterday?"

"yes." the brunette boys answers truthfully causing the latter to sigh. "please go easy on them, they were just trying to help."

"you're a fucking dumbass, you know that?" he turns around, leaving the bedroom. "be ready in ten!"

the london traffic really hurts simon, full of annoying slow drivers or impatient assholes who couldn't go without touching the horn every two minutes. it pains him to sit in the passenger seat of josh's car and wait for the car infront of him to move.

"twat!" josh flips someone off as he moves past the car, muttering about how much he hated driving. "ethan said that the dude is really chill, will probably agree if we convince him well."