nothing; 11

simon wonders if he will ever get tired of his friends. he wonders if one day he will have enough and shift houses and leave all of them behind. it wasn't because he didn't like them, it was just that they could be annoying as fuck.

the blue eyed boy tells himself that every friend is like that, like a slow wifi signal, irritating yet there. so as he watches josh and tobi wrestle over the last banana, spilling the carton of milk all over his lap, he reassures himself that it could be worse and that he could have no friends at all.

"fuck sake-" he groans as he watches the milk gather in his crotch area and soak through his boxers.

"whoops." josh takes advantage of tobi being distracted by simon and grabs the banana, putting it next to his oatmeal.

"i'll get paper towels." and of course tobi being his nice self, leaves the breakfast table to help simon.

"so," josh bites into the banana, "how'd it go?"

"it was something." simon knows what josh is talking about without him needing to clarify it. "he's out though." he adds, his heart fluttering for s9me reason. maybe he was just happy that the boy was out and nothing else.

"figures, you are sitting here not looking stressed." the bearded one says as soon as tobi walks in and hands him the paper towels.

"we talking about his lover boy, yeah?" he asks taking his seat and continuing to eat his breakfast.

"how many times do i have to say that he is not my lover boy?" simon groans causing the other two to snicker.

"sure, jan." josh smirks, shaking his head.

"no but really what is the deal with you guys?" the dark skinned boy asks.

"we are friends, just like me and you."

"nah, i don't think so. i mean we never share clothes or go to winter wonderland?" the green eyed boy states.

"what the fuck? you guys went to winter wonderland together?" tobi questions, his tone amused and curious at the same time.

"it was one time, god." simon rolls his eyes and stands up, feeling the milk travel down his legs. "imma shower and leave for the restaurant."

he misses how both his best friends smirk at each other with a knowing look in their eyes as soon as he exits the kitchen.

____

"what are you, seven?" the words slip right out of the blue eyed boy's mouth as he watches the dark skinned boy make his way through the restaurant entrance with a lollipop in his mouth.

"apparently seven inches deep in you since you pulled that off." comes the snarky remark which causes the latter to fluster as some bystanders look their way, including a smug looking josh.

"quiet-" simon moves forward to grab jj's arm amd drag him out in the cold london weather, his face red and heart jittery. he was glad to see the younger boy in broad daylight instead of a prison cell, something he wishes doesn't happen for quite a while.

"they told me that the homeless man dropped charges." the shorter boy says after a while of the duo standing and staring at the passing people on the street.