something; 3

"can you pass me the mash potatoes?"

"they're right there, ethan."

"they're nearer to you."

"no they're far enough for me to have to stretch and reach for them-"

"jesus christ guys!" an exasperated tobi interrupts the small arguement by grabbing the bowl of potatoes and passing them onto ethan who pokes his tongue out at simon sitting on the other side of him.

"as i was saying before i was rudely interrupted," vik stops to pass a playful glare towards ethan before continuing, "what are you taking in university, jj?"

the dark skinned boy had agreed to eat dinner with simon and his friends, saying that he was excited to meet people who matter to the cerulean eyed boy. to which simon had replied with a snort and told him not to get his hopes up since his friends were a bunch of idiots.

which had been proven right in the span of just ten minutes of the dinner, by ethan spilling spaghetti sauce over his lap and josh accidentally firing a meatball at the latter boy while yelling "how you like them balls?"

however even though the mentioned events took place, the taller boy could see how happy jj actually was to be in the company of his friends. passing him a warm smile whenever the duo made eye contact, laughing whole heartedly at the banter between the boys.

simon couldn't believe how natural it felt, like the dark skinned boy just fit in the circle. everyone felt at ease, atleast enough comfortable to fire meatballs at each other and joke around.

and as he watched jj reply to vik's previous question, a light smile graced simon's smile at the warmth blossoming his chest. he could really get used to this.

"vik fuck off with your boring questions, i wanna know the good stuff." the bearded one rolls his eyes before wiggling his eyebrows at the confused pair. "so jj, how many times have you fucked lil simon here?"

the question catches both of the boys off guard and simon chokes on his drink before blushing profusely while the other boy just laughs.

"if i'm being honest, zero times." the younger of the two answers, glancing sideways at the flustered boy.

"what?!" tobi joins in the conversation, his tone shocked as if it was a big deal.

"what do you mean?" jj laughs again before continuing to eat his food.

"what if you realise that he's got shit sex game?" ethan comments, shaking his head. "that's why i always sleep with someone before moving forward, ya know."

"that is true, one time i liked a girl and we went on couple of dates but when we had sex it was dead, fam." the indian boy agrees, nodding his head.

"yeah jj, you done fucked up man." the oldest of them all says. "considering how none of simon's one night stands came back i'd say-"

"shut the fuck up, josh." simon interrupts, his tone upset and face redder than the spaghetti sauce on his plate. he didn't understand why his friends were concerned with his sex life. he could do whoever and whatever he wanted. he didn't need his friends' validation.