nothing ; 2

simon can feel eyes on the back of his head, an uncomfortable feeling settling over him. it's not like nobody has stared at him before, he is infact aware of his good looks and does not mind attention.

however this time, the stare is different, menacing and digging holes
in the back of his neck. he still doesn't bother to turn around to see who is shooting daggers at him, he's afraid to.

instead he stands by the reception of his restaurant and greets people who make their way in, ready to fill their empty stomachs by food.

"simon?" the voice of his best friend knocks him out of his stance and he smiles at the bearded man. "i have to leave early, will you handle alright?"

"why freya horny?" simon raises his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"shut the fuck up." josh shoves the younger boy back before taking off his coat and sighing in relief. "but you sure you'll be okay?"

"of course, i got twenty staff members here with me." he shrugs, leaning against the podium in front of him. "plus it's closing time soon."

"any bets i need to be afraid of?"

"nah, i'm not in the mood to get drunk or talk to deji anytime soon." he shrugs.

"speaking of which, i'm really curious how you got the place black." josh asks, raising his eyebrows.

"woah what, you have enough brain cells to be curious? what a shocker!" this results in the older boy punching simon on the shoulder whilst rolling his eyes while the latter laughs silently.

"if you don't tell me, i'm gonna assume you sucked his —"

"please, not everything that i do involves dick." he snorts, standing up straight. "didn't you have to leave?" simon doesn't understand why he's dodging the question, he could just tell josh about jj. right?

"okay geez, don't tell me." josh raises his hands in surrender before turning around. "but please don't do anything i wouldn't do."

"yes dad." he rolls his eyes before leaving his spot and moving towards the kitchen, still feeling eyes on his back. as soon as he opens the kitchen door, he feels a hand wrap around his thin waist and pull him to the side. "what the—"

"sssh babe, it's alright." a deep voice interrupts him and he crosses his arms above his chest while looking at the intruder standing there with a smug look.

"so you're the one who was staring at me all night?"

"what? pfft, staring is rude." the dark skinned boy states, his hand still on the taller boy's waist.

"anyways, what did i do to deserve such a privilege of meeting olajide olatunji?" he asks, yanking the latter's hand away from his waist.

"holy shit, you remember my full name." jj seems impressed as he looks simon straight in the eye. the taller boy feels uncomfortable for some reason. "but i just wanted to tell you that you owe me."

"yeah i am aware, do you need me to suck your dick?" as soon as the older boy says this, jj breaks out in hysterics. his laugh is contagious and simon can't help but smile yet he tries to play it off and seem unamused.