nothing; 10

it's raining outside, and not even the soft drizzle but more like a full on pouring. and as he gazes outside the cafe's window, simon thinks that even god was mad that jj was facing such injustice.

"ready to go?" the slim waitress asks now out of her turquoise apron and standing there with a small smile on her face. the tall boy had come to the latter's cafe in order to find out where deji was, but upon asking the question, the waitress who said her name was jade had asked to help him as well.

it was clear that the green eyed girl cared about her boss who was currently in police custody and probably mentally preparing himself to face jail. simon couldn't even begin to think what jj must be going through.

"yeah." he stands up from his seat and grabs the umbrella, walking out of the warmth of the cafe and immediately being embraced by the cold wisps of air.

the duo walk for a while, jade seeming to know where she was headed in the storm. her eyes were trained on the wet road but she occasionally glanced at the tall boy beside her.

simon for some reason looked different than when she had seen him before, almost sleep deprived and not laughing like he was with jj.

"you obviously care a lot about him, huh?" the raven haired girl questions after a while of silence.

simon doesn't answer, his eyes trained on the rain drops falling from the edge of his umbrella. he didn't care if he came off as rude, he just wanted to get it over with and get jj out as soon as possible.

"when i first met him, i was in a very fucked up state," jade doesn't seem to mind simon's silence and instead continues talking, "he didn't look at me with disgust like everyone else who laid eyes on me that night did."

the blue eyed boy tightens his grip on his umbrella' s handle.

"neither did his eyes hold pity," she exhales, "instead his eyes held warmth, the type which made me believe there was sunshine after rain."

simon smiles lightly, aware of the warmth present in the dark skinned boys eyes, having seen it himself.

"he asked me what was wrong, didn't even think twice before helping me." her smile is evident in her voice. "he gave me a job, helped me get my life back on track." her voice shakes a little and simon himself feels a lump in his throat.

how was someone so good dealing with something so bad?

"i owe him my life." she whispers, her voice almost inaudible due to the thundering storm, but the brunette boy still hears it.

"fuck we have to get him out of there." he says his voice cracking at the last word.

_____

the duo is greeted with the sight of a laughing deji as soon as they enter the pub and it makes both their stomachs twist in disgust. how could he live knowing someone else was paying for what he did?

"jaaaaade!" the brown eyed boy exclaims once he notices the pair standing a few feet away from him. "oh and simon?" he asks, quizically, before moving away from his group of friends.

"yeah oh simon," the taller boy's tone is hostile and he glares at the smiling individual.

"what do you want?" deji asks casually, placing a hand on jade's forearm causing her to yank it away and move behind simon.