nothing ; 7

it's a little over two weeks when simon spots jj making his way through the restaurant entrance, his hand sporting a laptop bag and body clad in a heavy coat. that's not unusual though, what's unusual is his bruised eye and busted lip.

the older boy feels himself grow a little concerned at his appearance but it's quickly replaced by anger as the latter boy approaches him casually.

"hi simon." he says, his voice cheerful like always.

"how may i help you sir?" simon's tone is harsh, cold and it causes the brown-eyed boy's smile to turn into a frown as he looks at the angry boy with concerned eyes.

"simon," he sighs, searching his blue eyes for something, some sort of answer or whatever. however the older boy stands there with a cold stare, his blue eyes darker than before and jaw clenched. "are you okay?"

"am i okay?" he spits, his eyes not leaving jj's. "are you okay?"

"i'm—"

"no! what makes you think that you can treat me like trash and then come back as if you didn't do anything." he interrupts the latter boy, leaning forward and jabbing his digit in jj's chest.

"i don't understand—"

"i know you were there in the cafe on thursday, yet you—" as simon scoffs out his sentence, recognition dawns on the younger boy's face and he seems to back away. almost as if feeling guilty.

"oh." he states, now looking anywhere but at simon.

"yeah, oh." he sneers, his tone more bored than cold now. "listen, you didn't want anything to do with me and i got that. and i was fine with that."

a sudden panic sets in jj's brown eyes and the taller boy himself seems to notice it but decides not to say anything, instead continues.
"but then you come back and act all buddy buddy and i'm not fine with that." he finishes, now resting his arms against the desk rather than jabbing his fingers in the latter's chest accusingly.

"you really are something."

"what?!"

"you're cute when you're mad." and it's as if within a second, the dark skinned boy's panicked expression is no longer evident. instead, his eyes now hold amusement and his stance seems relaxed. simon feels himself back away in confusion, trying to figure out the latter boy, but then giving up as he sees the smirk radiating off jj.

"i don't have time for games, would you like a table sir?" he says, his tone defeated. he would never be able to understand jj, that boy would go from gushing over carnival rides to shutting him out and that was something his mind could not register.

maybe he didn't want it to register. in that moment whilst looking at him standing there with his signature smirk, he wishes that a boy like him wouldn't be in his boring life. he felt way too old and tired to be dealing with someone as intriguing yet annoying like jj.

"babe, come on." the brown eyed boy whines, his eyes roaming the various tables behind a tired looking simon. "you don't need to be like this."

"like what?" the brunette boy feels that the only way he can get out of this situation is oblivion. "i'm sorry, did you have a reservation?"