nothing; 3

"so tell me olajide, why do all the things that prove to be pleasurable for a man labelled as a sin?" the shrill voice of the old woman rings throughout the auditorium, her eyes looking at the various people sitting in front of her, and then landing on a very uninterested jj.

"i-i don't know, maybe because they're bad." the boy replies nonchalantly while the rest of the class chuckles quietly.

"bad?" the woman raises her eyebrows, her lips pursed as she shakes her head. "let's think of it in this way, what is something that provides pleasure to you?"

"sex." he answers almost instantly without hesitation. it was true, he couldn't think of something that proved to be more pleasing than that for him.

"oh, and is it a sin to have sex before marriage?" the teacher makes her way closer to where the bored boy was sitting.

"i guess." he shrugs again, folding his arms against his chest.

"so how is it bad? isn't sex just an act of love that two people who are connected in a very deep bond perform? isn't it art? what is so bad in that?"

jj doesn't understand why the teacher so badly wanted this answer out of him. did he look like someone who could answer all the questions she was bombarding him with? did he look like someone who has thought of the meaning of sex rather than just enjoying the thrill of it?

"i don't —" he finds himself saying before another voice interrupts him.

"i think people label things as bad if they're out of their comfort zone. a virgin would probably say sex is bad." jj turns around to see a brunette boy sitting at the very end of the room, his hood covering his face and hands stuffed inside his pockets.

"so harry, you think that someone afraid of heights would say that building tall towers is a sin?"
the teacher asks, her tone amused resulting in the whole class to laugh while the boy flushes, putting his head on the desk. "this is something i want you all to think about, we'll talk about it next week."

just like that the blonde woman makes her way to the front of the class and continues teaching, now completely changing the something. however for some reason, the question still sticks in jj's mind even when he leaves the class and heads home.

the restaurant looks different today, not because the black haired boy was visiting it after a week but because of the fact that there were no traces of simon anywhere.

the tall boy would usually be standing at the reception, his lanky limbs clad in a suit and his face covered with a heart-warming smile. instead, today there was just a bored-looking receptionist standing there, seating people who arrived.

jj didn't know why he wanted simon to stick around, he knew that the blue-eyed boy wasn't "repaying a favour", that was bullshit. he knew somewhere in him that people like simon would never take an interest in him until and unless he forced them to stick around.

so that's what he was doing. he wanted a friend, he barely had any. probably three genuine ones, the others just with him because of his family's wealth.
his friends also were nothing like him, he thought simon was and so that's why he wanted him around.

yeah, that was the only reason.

"how may i help you sir?" a bearded man that jj recalls as simon's friend stands in front of the confused boy with a warm smile.