something ; 1

"you reckon that happened yea-" vik's voice dies midsentence as he watches a beaming simon make his way to the breakfast table, body clad in a jumper that belongs to an all too familiar boy.

"well someone's having a good day." the oldest of the four perks up, leaning forward to grab the milk carton.

"i mean the day just started but-"

"you know what i meant, shut up vik."

"yeah, you know i decided that living like a slob just isn't like me. so i will live a healthy life and-" simon's bullshit speech gets cutt off as tobi erupts into laughter with the rest joining shortly after.

"so i'm guessing everything went well?" josh wiggles his eyebrows, his gaze directed at the jumper the boy was wearing.

"yeah." he replies now sitting down next to the indian boy and picking an apple. "everything is good." and simon actually means it when he says it, a soft smile ghosting over his face which results in his friends smiling as well.

it was obvious how worried the boys were, they were a family after all.

"yo tobi, did i tell you about when me and josh were playing h1z1 yesterday..." just like that the table erupts into light conversation and small banter, the sound of laughter ringing throughout the empty apartment.

in that moment, simon again reminds himself of how lucky he is to have such amazing friends, and a grin makes its way onto his face.

______

jj looks different today, his coffee colored orbs are lit up and body clad in a light blue shirt accompanied by a blinding grin. that's not what simon notices first though, his cerulean eyes travel straight to what his hands are grasping and his face flushes like fifty shades of red.

"you are a walking cliché." he comments, leaning against the reception desk of his restuarant while rolling his eyes.

"oh, do you not like them?" the dark skinned boy asks in a mock tone. "because like i could give these to someone else who would be appreciative unlike someone."

"shut up." the taller boy leans forward before grabbing the bouqet from the latter's hand and smelling it, a smile making its way on his face.

"what no thank you?" jj pouts causing simon's eyes to fixate on his lips.

"shut up you impatient ass, i was going to thank you." he whacks his arm before placing the roses on the desk beside him.

"but you didn't." the brown eyed boy's lips are still curled into a pout and without thinking too much of it, the taller boy leans forward and lightly pecks them, his face flushing afterwards.

jj looks stunned, almost not expecting simon to be bold enough but then he grins, his smile threatening to tear his face.

"and people say romance is dead." another voice intrudes their conversation and simon rolls his eyes, before turning away from the shorter boy.

"yes josh?" he stares at the bearded man expectantly.

"oh nothing, i just came here to do the talk."