something; 4

for some reason simon finds himself standing in the middle of a very familiar club again, hand sporting a shitty drink as he makes his way through the crowded dance floor. a guy pushes into him mid-way and spills the most of his drink but he pays no mind to it as he walks towards the now empty bar.

taking a seat on one of the stools, he can feel the liquid seeping through his white tshirt and curses silently. he didn't even know why he was here, perhaps to talk to freezy. but the tall brunette was nowhere to be seen, maybe he might've switched shifts with the blue-haired girl serving drinks right now, looking bored as ever.

"you want anything?" the bartender asks, her hazel eyes shining in the bright lights of the club.

"no, i'm good." simon points to the drink in his hand which he frankly didn't even take a sip of.

"alright suit yourself." she nods and is about to turn around when another voice interrupts her movements.

"thanks for covering for me, talia!" simon turns to look at cal making his way around the bar, hands carrying a big box of whatever. he doesn't notice the distressed boy with drink spilt all over him at first, but then his gaze directs towards him and a grin breaks out on his face.

"simon! long time no see." he says, as talia makes her way out and he replaces her position, now leaning opposite to the tall boy.

"yeah been a while." he nods, watching as the latter boy stuffs the box under the counter with a huff.

"so what did you fuck up this time?" cal's tone is light, joking almost but it stabs the cerulean eyed boy right through his heart and he sighs. his mind instantly drifting to jj and what had happened one week prior.

perhaps simon should've never brought it up and even if he did, he never should've done it over text. atleast face to face, the dark skinned boy couldn't have avoided him nor would he have dissapeared into lord knows where.

"the only relationship i ever had." he replies after a while, taking a sip out of his drink before immediately regretting it. talia was shit at drinks, maybe he should ask cal for a new one?

"damn, the one with jj?" freezy slides the glass away from simon's hold as if reading his mind and turns around to make a new one. the blue eyed boy wonders if he should ask him about why he never told him about their friendship, but then again he rarely ever talked to him.

and jj had never been mentioned in a conversation before, plus this was the third time he was talking to the bartender. so it really made no sense to ask that question, there was no time for it anyway.

"yeah, i don't know," simon sighs, his mind drifting over various questions he could ask the boy who was now mixing up random drinks together. "would you mind if i asked about jj?"

freezy snorts, his eyes lighting up with amusement. "shouldn't you know shit about him since you're the one who's dating him?"

"i know him." he hesitates, "it's just some things."

"you've come to the least helpful person then." cal pours the drink he's made into a glass and drops some ice cubes inside before sliding it over to the awaiting boy. "jj doesn't talk about shit to me."

"how long have you known him?"

"like two years now, but bro i still don't know anything personal about him." freezy admits, now leaning against the counter again.