nothing; 4

simon's peaceful sleep is disturbed by a loud slam in the middle of the night. at first it frightens the boy but then he rolls over in annoyance and looks at the time displayed on the clock right next to him.

04:47 AM

"fuck sake." he grumbles before standing up and making his way out of his room. the whole apartment is dark, just illuminated by the moon shining through an open window.

simon furrows his eyebrow as he reaches the living room and she's a dark figure slumped over the sofa, looking at something on their phone.

"vikk?" he whispers, afraid to bother the others and wake them up too. even though a low tone, his voice startles the latter and he jumps, his phone slipping from between his fingers and landing on the floor.

"fuck!" he says, his voice raspy before turning around to meet simon's silhouette standing over him.

"why are you awake at this time?" the tall boy questions, only being able to see vikk's brown orbs shining in the moonlight.

"i was hungry." he replies, shutting his phone off and reclining into the sofa.

"at 4am?!" simon whisper shouts, rolling his eyes. "i don't see food anywhere anyways."

this causes vikk to sigh before standing up, trying to move away from the boy blocking his way.

"vikk," he softens his voice reaching to grab the shorter boy's arm. "you can't avoid this."

"avoid what?" the latter asks, his tone exasperated.

"you being insomniac." simon's voice is soft as he watches vikk sigh in defeat. it was true, the younger boy had been sleepless for a very long amount of time. at first he had thought it wasn't a big deal but it had gotten to the point where even though being tired lead him to no sleep and that was when everyone had started to grow worried.

"i don't—" vikk sighs in frustration before shaking his head. "i'll get going, umm probably continue playing minecraft."

simon sighs before letting go of vikk's arm, nodding his head. he couldn't understand why the restless boy would not just confront any professional about this, after all there were many insomniac people in the world and there were things that helped them.

"on another note," the raven haired boy stops in his tracks, turning around. "i actually am hungry, wanna get something to eat?"

"sure, why the fuck not?" the older boy shrugs, well aware that now that he was awake he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anyways. so after stuffing their feet in shoes and burying themselves in coats, the two boys made their way to the nearest diner in the cold winter night.

"so, you still haven't told me whose coat you're wearing." vikk says once both the boys are seated in a booth at the nearest diner.

"what—?" simon trails once he notices that indeed his body was clad in jj's coat which he still hadn't returned because of some reason apparently. "oh, umm jj."

"jj?" the other boy teases, his eyes shining with an amusing glint.

"yeah, he's just-" simon pauses unsure of what relation he had with jj. was he someone simon owed a favour to? is that what he would tell vikk? "he's a friend." he says after a while, watching as the grin on his friend's face widens.