something; 6

"what the fuck are you wearing?" is the first sentence that slips through simon's lips as his eyes fixate on his partner sprawled on his living room sofa. the question causes a very amused vik to laugh from where he sits beside the dark skinned boy.

"my thoughts exactly." the indian boy says, his tone playful.

"what do you mean? i'm trying to impress the parents." jj counters, as he sits up in confusion not knowing what was the big deal of wearing what he was.

"yes but you're going to my house, not a fucking meeting so take off that blazer." cerulean eyes narrow at the maroon blazer the younger boy is wearing paired with dress pants and fancy shoes.

simon swears he's never seen jj in anything other than his signature coat or some jumpers and turtlenecks. so for him to show up in a full on fancy suit was something he had never expected. it was odd especially since they were going to meet simon's parents.

"who's getting married?" josh joins in the conversation as he walks out from his room, hand grasping freya's as she follows closely behind and looks at the scene in front of her with raised eyebrows.

"come on fam, it's not that fancy!" the dark skinned boy whines as he folds his arms across his chest. he looks like a pouting five year old who just got told that he couldn't get that hotwheel collection he wanted.

"it is." simon states, before moving forward to force the coat off of jj who surprisingly complies not before whining some more. the blazer slides off and is placed on the sofa revealing a black dress shirt underneath and the older boy nods. "that'll do."

"when josh came to meet my parents he was wearing a football kit with his name misspelt on the back." the blonde girl adds, causing all the members in the room to chuckle lightly.

"your dad thought i was illiterate but look at us now." the bearded one drops freya's hand just to wrap an arm around her shoulder and kiss her on the forehead causing all other three boys in the room to mock disgust.

"cringe." vik comments earning a flick on his forehead by the older man. "jj you'll be fine, his parents are really nice."

"unless you mention and alcohol and drugs." josh adds, causing tbe raven haired boy to nod in agreement.

"remember that time his dad almost castrated us because simon got shit drunk and lost at this music festival-" vik starts bringing up stories from the past with a fond smile and jj would love to listen to them if it weren't for the fact that simon pulls him away from the conversation by a gentle tug at his arm.

"they're gonna love you." the taller boy states, tone confident and a soft smile adorning his face. he leans forward to unbotton the top two buttons of the dress shirt jj is clad in before smiling in content.

"woah babe, take me on a date before undressing me." he jokes causing the latter boy to whack his chest before laughing. "but i hope they do like me."

________

simon's house hasn't changed much since the last time he saw it. perhaps his mother changed the position of a couple couches and put up some new picture frames on the wall, but the rest is exactly the same and the tall brunette boy is instantly hit with the feeling of home as he walks through the door.