nothing into something

simon has been spending forty five minutes in the shower.

no big deal, right? everyone spends different amount of time in the shower, it's really up to that person for however long they want to stay in there. but see, that's not what's strange. it's simon.

it's the boy who doesn't spend more than fifteen minutes showering for almost an hour now. and that is the reason that when he steps out three days later, water dripping from his chest and towel wrapped loosely around his slender waist, all three of his flatmates stand infront with questioning glances.

"you okay?" vik is the first one to ask, his dark circles visible under his eyes.

"y-yeah..." simon answers, confused.

"no it's just that you are always late for breakfast since the last few days and you are always the first one on the table." tobi speaks up now, causing the tallest boy to move back in more confusion.

"okay...and?"

"it's just that, you only ever leave your room when you have to go to the restaurant and-"

"jesus christ, guys i'm fine. just feeling a bit under the weather." he interrupts josh's sentence and moves towards his closet before entering it.

"okay, we were just concerned since jj hasn't been around as well..." the indian boy's sentence dies in his throat as he watches the taller boy drop a tshirt that he was holding on the mention of the latter's name.

"umm yeah, you probably won't see anymore of him." he confirms the latter's suspicions while scratching the back of his neck. he doesn't make eye contact with the curious three pairs of eyes looking at him and instead focuses on choosing a shirt, his heart aching.

"oh why not?" it's clear how much tobi wants simon to come clean and talk about what happened but the latter boy keeps quiet, bottling it all inside no matter how much he actually wants to scream out what he's feeling.

"uhh- kinda fucked that one up." he picks a nice blue dress shirt and then proceeds to come out of his closet. "if you guys can excuse me, i need to change."

he can feel the questioning glances of  his friends on his back even after they leave and shut the door behind them. simon wishes he could just dissapear instead of having to face them again.

______

the brunette takes more than twenty minutes in putting on a shirt and some pants, perhaps purposefully, hoping that by the time he comes out, all his friends have left for their day. but no one has to know that.

however he feels his chest tighten as his eyes fall on the figure of one of his friends standing by the front door, his back turned towards him.

"shouldn't you have left already?" he asks the bearded man, closing his bedroom door behind him.

"were you hoping i had left?" and of course josh knows exactly what the younger boy was planning. sometimes simon thinks that the older boy knows him better than he does himself.

"maybe." he figures there is no point in lying since this is the same boy who has known him for years he is talking to. they stay silent for a while before josh turns around, his green eyes now piercing into simon's soul and he clenches his fist, feeling exposed all of a sudden.