Chapter Two

"The doctor can't hear me, because I can't speak. Voices are muffled and I can't see. So this is my letter to all that I'll miss, because that's what they do, right? Leave a letter."

I was singing out loud again, while pulling on a band tee, the only kind of shirt I wear. Today it was a white Sleeping With Sirens shirt. It had a butterfly thing on the front, and I liked it. To add to the mix I wore black skinny jeans, grey converse, and a grey beanie. I didn't feel like doing my hair today.

"Hey, Alex. What was that song you were singing?" Mackenzie asked me, staring at me trying to fix my beanie.

"Oh, a song I wrote back home when I was like, 15." I put on messy eyeliner, and a bunch of rubber bracelets to finish my look.

"What's it called? Why did you write suck a sad song?" She took the mirror after me, lining her violet eyes lightly with forest colored liner. I fumbled with a Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug bracelet that my best friend sent me.

"It's called My Last Letter. My mother and stepdad got a divorce, so I got really depressed. There was this feeling that everything was leaving, so that's when I got my dress style. I've been dressing like this ever since. I think it's because I miss my stepbrother." I mess with another bracelet. This time, it's a Walking Dead one, that says WWDD.

"I'm sorry, Alex..." she trails off.

"It's okay, Mack. I just think about a lot. It's been three years, I need to get over it." I tug a stray curl down and brush over my bangs.

Just as I was going to grab my Psychology books for class in OH FIFTEEN MINUTES, I remember that Harry has my binder.

"Shit..." I mutter.

"Hmm?" Mack asks.

"Oh, Harry still has my Psychology binder and class starts in like ten."

Then I hear knocking. I open the door and there he is, in a vintage looking Coca~Cola shirt, a fuzzy black hoodie, and grey skinnys.

"I'm running late, and so are you. We have to go," he states quickly. He grabs me by the sleeve and tugs me into the hallway, shutting the door.

"I don't have my jacket!" I yelp. Its biting cold outside. Thankfully I had all of my books in my 'Torn Teddy' backpack.

"Here," Harry says flatly. He then hands me his hoodie, leaving himself in just his shirt.

"But you'll be cold!"

"Don't worry I'm fine, I can't- you cant- WE can't afford to be late. We have a sub and it's Baker. She'll rip us a new arse. Please walk a bit faster." He tugs me more and tries to get me to move faster.

Eventually we make it. Two minutes to spare.

I walk in and hand Harry back his hood.

"Thanks... although I don't know you well..." I say quietly.

"That's okay, I'm sure we'll be friends soon enough if you keep lending me your notes." he laughs. I just nod.

Ms. Baker, an old grumpy woman, begins to drone on about sociopaths. I listen to the symptoms, thinking that it sounds like I am a sociopath.

Today's going to be a long day...

----

DEDICATED TO slimshadygirl7717