Chapter Eleven

The next week went well. I started my new job tutoring kids in science, graduated, and hung out with Harry a lot more. Niall and Mira got into a fight over his job, and me and Harry argue over it a bit sometimes.

Other times, I don't care. We aren't dating so why do I even care? I shouldn't, I can't. I'm going crazy, aren't I? Nah... I'm just fine, I just care about him, and that's okay.

"Miss Alex?" One of my youngest students was snapping his fingers to get my attention. I must have zoned out...

"Yes, Candas?" Candas was a sweet girl, with red hair and seafoam green eyes.

"I don't understand this? It's really hard..." Sadly, just then, my timer went off. It's time for Harry to come pick me up. Unless he's working again.

"Sorry, sweetie, but it's time for me to leave. I can help you tomorrow, though." Candas nodded her head in compliance and I put my jacket on to leave. I slid my beanie on and marched out into the rainy June weather. I stood and waited for Harry, while getting soaked in the nasty storm rain.

He was a bit late but that gave me time to think about him, about how I can try to get to know him better. He had a wall built between him and everyone, it's almost as if he's made of ice. I just want to warm him up a bit, be the flame to the ice. I hate that he's so cold too everything, and that I'm just trying to help, but he seems to be opushing ebven Louis and DJ away now, but it's not like he's not speaking. He just gives really vague answers when you ask him where he's been or why it's taken him so long.

Eventually,  Harry pulls up, but by then it's already too late. A flash of lightning sends me into shivers, and thunder sends me into hysterics. I immediately fall to the wet, muddy ground and cry, because thunderstorms scare me, and the thunder is the worst part. It reminds me of my childhood, about what my father woukd do on thundery nights...

"Alex? Alex? Please, calm down." I open my eyes to see Harry standing, more squatting in front of me trying to get me to stand.

"Noo," I whimper, and back away.

Harry doesn't waste a second, he scoops me up and sets me in the vehicle and starts up my favorite CD by the XX. His firm hand sits on my shoulder and Itry to scoot away. My father...

~~

I think I fell asleep. I wake in my bed, and I'm in dry clothes. It's still storming outside, I pullon my shirt, and see that it's not even mine.

"Don't worry, Mira put it on you, she knows how you get. Why didn't you tell me about your father?" I sit up and see Harry sitting next to my bed in a small chair he must've brought in from the kitchen.

"He was just so, controlling. He was alot bigger than most men, and he just... overpowered me. Jake couldn't even stop him." Sobs escaped my lips and Harry rushed to my side, and crawled in next to me.

"I wont let anything happen to you, I promise." ANd another clap of thunder sounded, throwing me into a screaming fit. I could feel Harry staring at me, and I don't think he knew what to do.

A Large pair of headphones settled themselves overmy ears and Harry's music from his phone came on, then a scarf came over my neck. I opened my puffy red eyes to see Harry smiling a small smile, a weak one. I rubbed my eyes and looked outside to see a flash of lightning, and braced myself for the thunder, but it never came. The headphones and music muted it out, and I looked up and smiled at Harry, who winced. I cocked my head to the side and he mouthed 'Thunder' to me, it must've been loud.

I touched his face and kissed his cheek to thank him,  and he hugged me. The hug turned into a hold, and cuddling on my bed, because I didn't want to be alone during the storm. I may not have been able to hear anything but the music was enough to make me feel so much happier. I closed my eyes, but felt a vibrating in my pocket. My phone.

000-000-0000 : Feel safe with your boy friend?

Me: HE's not my boyfriend. Who is this?

000-000-0000 I don't know, maybe the man you left in America without permission.

Me: Dad?

Father: You've got it, now you better be coming home. Soon.

Me: I'm never going back there, you can blow me old man.

Father: You'll regret that, little girl. I Know where you are.

I looked at Harry.

"Dad?"