Chapter Twenty

Pompeii by Bastille

Three Weeks Later

Harry

.

.

.

Louis is sitting up in front of me, flipping through the football channels in the small white hospital room. He's been complaining a lot about not leaving. Niall is here too, but Mira and the other three girls are shopping. God knows what for.

"Eh, Dublin's on! Put it back ya pig!" Niall pushed Lou, and he chuckled.

"Fine bum." He switched the channel back. Today was Louis's last day at Saint Mary's. I was happy. He made it through the three weeks of recovery, and we lost him twice. Once in the EMT and once during the surgery. But he's okay now, just not able to do hard work for a month or so. Which means that The Boss is going to be upset that he has to pay sick time.

"I get released at five, it's half four. I just want to leave." He complained and turned down the volume on the TV. He probably misses his girl.

"I miss Dakota," He whined. I knew it was going to happen. She's been so busy lately that she hasn't seen him for two days. He's a very clingy boyfriend I guess.

"I know, you have a half hour, just calm down mate." Niall rubbed his back for comfort. The pills to fight off infection make him moody, like a girl. He complains, whines, cries. Yeah, cries, like a baby. But that's okay. He only needs the meds for another two weeks or so.

"Ah! Red flag my arse, you stupid ref! Call it right!" Niall was so pumped for the Dublin/London game. He gets like this every time they play. Then if Dublin loses, he buys us dinner. If London loses, we buy him lunch for a week. It's always been like this.

"Ey! That was a good call, pig!!" Louis shoved Niall off the hospital bed. Before we knew, a nurse rushed into the room and yelled at Louis for roughhousing, which only caused us to laugh even more. She scoffed and walked out of the room, upset.

"Hey, man." I said to Louis.

"What's the craic?"

"It's five." A smile spread across my face. It must've been contagous because Louis burst into a grin and stood up.

"Disharge me I'm done in this Hell Hole!!!" Louis ran out of the room like a bullet and took off down the hall. He really did want to go home, didn't he?

.

.

.

Sitting on my couch was tiring. I had a fuzzy blanket and it was just me. I was totally wiped out and I just wanted a nap. But my body was aleep and my mind was awake. I wasn't dreaming, but I was thinking. Of Alex, I mean.

She is amazing. I love everything about her. From her dark brown hair to her painted black toenails. I loved the way her eyes crinkled when she laughed and how she covers her face when she giggles. I love the way she loves the same things I do, and how she wants the best for herslef. I love how she plans on having one kid and spoiling the hell out of him/her.

I really do like her. I like the way she is and everything in between the lines.

My mind is so awake. Why is it awake? I need sleep desperately.

But just as I was finally falling asleep, Louis came into my room.

"Harry," he said. "I feel sick. Wanna watch some tele? I know you haven't been able to sleep." He came and pulled on my arm.

"Louis," I groaned. He wasn't going to give up, he's Louis. Maybe I'll fall asleep watching whatever is on the tele. Maybe, hopefully.

He dragged me into the sitting room and turned on our flatscreen. Then, he turned on the DVD player and shifted through the movies.

"Do you like Boondock Saints?" He asked. I looked over at him. Louis looked exhausted. I don't think he couldn't sleep like he said. I think he was worried about me.

"Yeah, I don't mind that one. It's pretty funny, really." I flopped onto the couch and swung my feet up onto the back of it.

Louis made popcorn and brought out some sodas, I didn't care which ones he got, I'm too tired to.

The movie started and Louis was reclined on the other chair. He was already beginning to fall asleep, with popcorn in his hand. I got up and removed it and set the popcorn on the table. He made a sleepy noise and rolled over, with the blanket he pulled from the top of the recliner.

I turn the volume down on the tele and make through the whole movie. The WHOLE thing.

I guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

.

.

.

.

Alex POV

"Do you think he's asleep?" Harmony asked me. She was staying with me and Mira tonight, and Niall was on our couch. He was so tired, so worried because of Louis.

"You seriously want to do this?" I asked her. Mira was in the back, her phone ready to make a Vine.

"Yeah!" Harmony yelled, a bit too loudly. Niall stirred. He didn't wake, though.

Mira shushed Harmony, and she giggled. I poured some shaving cream onto my palm and Harmony grabbed the bucket of ice-water.

Mira started to vine and Harmony poured the ice-water on Niall, and then I smacked him with the shaving cream.

We ran.

He was pissed.