Chapter Four

"So... do you live in a dorm?" I broke the silence with my question. Harry and I were sitting in his black Range Rover, but the radio was broken so it was quite awkward. This time I wore my jacket, a grey Black Parade hoodie. It was the last in stock and I bought it, MCR broke up a while ago.

"No, I have a small apartment. Two bedrooms, centre room, bathroom, kitchen. It's nice, I like it." I nodded and smiled.

"What kind of job do you have? I don't have one..."

"Uh... it's not that important. Do you need a job? I could get you an application from a store I like," he replied. It made me a bit annoyed that he wouldn't tell me what job he had. It couldn't be that big of a deal.

"I could use a job, but I have a hard enough time as it is in Uni."

"We're here," Harry stated quickly. It was a quaint little cafe. The walls on the inside were a deep red, and al the furniture was black and white. Cafe Rouge, or the Red Cafe in French.

"I like it," I told him. He laughed. I like it when he laughs, it's cute I guess.

"I got you something. I thought you could use some." Harry handed me a box. It was a little weighty, wrapped in red paper with a silver bow. I looked at him with my head cocked a little to the side.

"Why? We've only just met," I told him, and tried to give him back the gift. He denied and laughed at me. Nobody other than Amy had gotten me a gift just to do it. This was a bit surprising.

"I'm being nice." Harry had me sit while he went and ordered our drinks. A caramel mocha frappe for me and the same for him. I guess we like the same sorts of things. While he was talking to the boy at the counter, Louis is what his name tag said, they seemed to know each other. I just sat in my little chair and stared at the neatly wrapped box in front of me.

Why would he be nice to me? We've only met yesterday and he's done a lot for me already. Letting me use his jacket twice, buying me coffee and a gift. I don't understand.

"Here, Alex." Harry set the perfectly topped frappe in front of me, and sat across. "Are you going to open it?"

"Yeah one second," I said I cautiously grabbed the gift and took the bow off, and being silly, stuck it in Harry's curls. He laughed and didn't move it, kept it in his hair. I pulled on the paper, and tore it off slowly. The box was plain so I opened that too.

"It's boots, see? Just plain black Uggs... I didn't know what kind you liked..." He blushed and I thanked him.

I pulled them out and put them on, a perfect fit. I put my converses in the empty box and sucked on the straw in my drink.

"Why are you in Uni?" Harry asked. I leaves back in my chair and shrugged. Why am I in Uni? I don't know, I wanted out of America. My second choice was Dublin Uni in Ireland. I want to be a psychologist. One that works for the government, or in this case, for the queen. The kind that surveys killers and the way they think.

"I want to be a government psychologist," I told him. Just then I realized he was covered in tattoos. Why haven't I noticed this before? He has sleeves on both arms. And a see the pedals of a rose slightly creeping along his neck. I find myself imagining what he looks like without his shirt. Does he have tattoos like this all over his body?

"It's half six, do you want to go home?" Harry asked me quietly. I shook my head in protest.

"No, not yet. Today was the last day, we have Christmas break. I'd like to not be in my dorm again." I thought of Mack and her boyfriend snogging under the covers again for a third time. I shivered.

"I have a spare room, remember? If it's really a bother, you can sleep there. It's got a tele, radio, CD player. I have plenty of CD's if you'd like." He seemed like it wasn't a problem so I agreed. What's the matter with that?

"Okay, I will. Do I need to go home and get things or..?"

"No, you can borrow a hoodie of mine or something more comfortable." I nodded. I know we've only just met but I really needed to get out of that dorm. Mackenzie and her boyfriend, Liam, are constantly making out. It gets quite gross sometimes, try take it a little far. Not even my music can overpower the noises.

"Thanks, you've been kind," I tell Harry. He smiles that cheeky smile of his and his green eyes seem to glow.

"So, Alex, what about your fam-" Harry's phone cuts him off. He fishes it out of a pocket and looks at the receiver. "Sorry, I have to take this."

"S'okay."

"Hello?" He says. "No, Paul, I'm busy I can't pick it up now. Get Niall to do it, as he seems to be your pet. No! Paul, I can't talk right now... Goddammit Paul! No, bye."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, my work has the most horrible... hours." He seems like he can't find the correct words, and I get curious.

"Oh."

"We should go, I have some movies at home we could watch. The Conjuring, The Little Mermaid, The Walking Dead even."

"OOOOH Daryl's my FAVORITE!!!" I squeak a little too loudly.

He leads me out of the cafe and to the parked car, and we make our way to his house.