Chapter Nineteen

Listen to Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds to Mars

Harry's POV

.

.

.

"Dad?" Alex's voice shook with fear and recognition.

"Take one step towards her and I will blow out your brains, yeah?" I said to her father.

Who could have called known Alexandria's dad was the most wanted dealer in London?

"Now is that any way to treat your girlfriend's father?" I stared at the man standing in front of me. He was tall, about as tall as Liam. But the I saw it. The curly hair, the features. She was Liam's sister.

"Now, Mr. Payne. Why would you come out of hiding in the US? Such a bad idea," Louis came in through the door behind him, Glock in hand, cig in mouth.

Mr. Payne raised his arms into the air. "I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here for my daughter. I'm sure Liam will be happy to see his little sissy again." He reached for her arm, and she hid behind me again. Louis took the cherry of his cigarette and burned Mr.Payne's neck.

"You little bastard." Mr.Payne turned around and kicked at Louis's chest. I panicked. Louis had a heart problem, and that was a pretty well-aimed kick. He was shot in the chest a year back, and it tore up a vew valves. They needed replaced but his heart would never be as good as it was. And it was right into his chest cavity. I saw my best friend go down with a loud gasp.

He might go into cardiac arrest.

"You ass! He has a heart condition!" I screamed and pulled the trigger on my gun. I watched the bullet soar through the air and peirce Alex's dad in the arm. I made sure not to kill him. I don't ned a death on my concious.

Mr. Payne swung around and yelped. A grin spread across my face, and he backed away towards the door. "I will come for my daughter, and when I do, Liam will be with me." He promised, then ran out of the door, leaving a few droplets of blood on the carpet. I flipped him the bird and turned around to see my girlfriend gone.

I could hear her whimpers from downstairs. She was in her room, crying. But ow wasn't the time to focus on her, Louis was in need of help - badly. DJ would kill me if I let him die. But I wasn't planning on it. We've been friends since highschool, and being my best mate was a lot to say about a person. I grabbed his arm and checked his pulse.

Louis groaned, and I felt that every few seconds, his heart would skip. 

That couldn't have been good. I called 999 and waited for an EMT to arrive.

"Harry, everythigns getting fuzzy, mate. I don't want to die! I haven't gotten to really live yet!" He cried. I felt the hot tears stream down my cheeks too. It was going to be too much. I don't know if I can take it. I can't. 

I bawl. I cry and cry like a little baby all up until the EMT's show up. 

"Please, hurry. He's got a heart condition!" I cried to the woman. She nodded and lifted Louis up onto a stretcher. 

"You sitting with? If so, we have to go, now. He's losing conciousness, and when he does that, he'll most likely be stuck in a coma." I nodded and jumped into the back of the emergency vehicle. My best friend might die, nothing else mattered. The door to the flat could wait. Alex could wait in her locked bedroom. Time could wait, I needed Louis right now, and nobody else. He was my saviour, my pal, my brother. I couldn't lose him now.

Half way through the ride, something terrible happened.

"We're losing him!" The woman yelled. My ears felt like they exploded. My friend is dying. They began chest compressions, and the driver drove a little faster. We had to get there in time. The man who was also in the back with us took out defibrilators and rubbed them together. 

"Back, Muriel." He said, and he pressed them to Louis's chest. i watched as his limp body flew up a few inches from the stretcher. "We've got him, don't worry buddy." He said to me. THe small heart monitor on the left began to beep again. But I knew if we didn't get there soon, that monitor would never beep again. There'd be no Louis to make it beep. He'd be dead.

I had to call DJ.

"DJ, there's been an incident. Louis is... not dead, but he did die. I need you at Saint Mary's soon. Please, I don't know if I can handle it myself." I said into the reciever. She hung up, not saying a word. Dakota was strong, that I know.

I texted Mira and told her what had happened. She was going back to the flat to keep an eye on Alex and get someone to fix the door and clean the carpets. I promised I would pay her. There wasn't that much blood on the floor, it just looked like a bad nosebleed.

We finally made it to the hospital, and they had to do an emergency surgery. Thankfully, this was a big hospital so they had the equipment to do the surgery.

I sat in the waiting room and fell asleep.

.

.

.

Now, listen to Raconte-Moi Une Hostoir by the M83. It'll bring a bit of comedy to Louis's actions.

I'm in Louis's room, holding his hand. It sounds not right, but I'm on his left , near the door, and DJ is on his left.

"Hey, guys," Louis choked out. "I think I died, I'm not so sure. I felt everyhting chaging. I felt like I became a woman, and everything looked like giant cupcakes. Nothing was wuite the same," He laughed. But i tlooked like it pained him.

"Louis, please." I said to him.

"I'm just so tired, Harry. But I'm here. I have a purpose. We'll be the best group of friends the world has ever seen. Just as long as I get pudding. I'm so hungry." I feel bad for laughing, but all three of us did. We laughed until it hurt our chests. "How long do I have to be in here? What happened?"

"You had an emergency surgery, Lou. You might be here for a few weeks." DJ said to him. He gave a little humph. Like he was upset.

"Weeks, great. Just what I wanted for my birthday."

"It's nowhere near your birthday Louis. Shut up. You need sleep." I said to him. He nodded, and soon we could hear him snoring lightly.

"He's a fighter, Dakota." I said to DJ.

"I know. He's my fighter." She said, and kissed his forehead.