Chapter 4, Actions From The Dragneel

Natsu's Pov, 

I was in my office looking through the old books that I normally never went near. I didn't use to care about history but if I knew why Acnologia hated my family... Maybe it could give me a clue on where Lucy was. I looked at all the books until one caught my eye. I pulled it out to see it had no title. I moved to my chair behind my desk as I sat down opening it up. I soon started to read.

Acnologia's power had grown out of control. After finding out his mate is being forced to marry another in Earthland he lost it. My old friend went on a rampage through the Kingdom, killing anyone who went near him. That is what happened when a demons mate won't love them in return or fall for another. I was shocked to say the lest with how many he killed I knew I would have to end him. This was just the start of him turning into a monster. Me and Sakura went to speak to Acnologia. My wife thought she could talk him back to when he was kinder. Back to when he cared for other demons and was our head knight. Unknowing what would happen. While Sakura tried to talk to Acnologia his hate and bloodlust was to much, he had turned into a dragon form and killed Sakura... Killed the woman I loved. That day I had no choice but to use every late bit of my power along with the angel Jenny and the reaper Makarov, we did a spell putting Acnologia into a prison. With this I had lost my black flame magic, Jenny lost one of her golden weapons and Makarov had aged within a blink of an eye.

I was shocked reading the pages. Reading about how my mother died. I was in pure shock. My eyes were widen as I turned the page. Was Acnologia just upset about being locked away? Did he just lose his mind over losing his mate? I couldn't say anything if that was true. I noticed how I changed. How I only cared about hurting others now that Lucy was gone. I knew she would of hated this version of me.

Not long after we had put Acnologia away news of his mate giving birth to a daughter started to spread. Zeref had confirmed that the daughter was indeed Acnologia's. We knew we couldn't let the mate or the daughter live on. We knew that anyone related to Acnologia could open the prison by just returning to the Underworld. I couldn't take that chance. I knew what I was about to do. I knew Sakura would hate me for this. She would hate the fact I was going to kill two innocents but I knew my old friend. He would get back at me by hurting my sons. Natsu was still a child who just got into his teens. I had to protect my family and own bloodline. So I worked together with Zeref as we poisoned his mate. The guilt in my heart grew by the day as the poison we used took a long time to work but it would give the woman a painless death. Even then I couldn't bring myself to kill her young daughter. Sadly the news of us killing Acnologia's mate had reached him. I knew who it was who told him. Mard Geer. He was still alive. Even after everything. I was sorry but the only way to keep that monster away from my family... The only way was to make sure his bloodline never comes into our world.

I put the book down onto the desk, staring right at it. Pure shock was inside me. My father murdered Acnologia's mate... He had pure reason to hate our family. This explained why he took Lucy. This even added on why he wanted to be the one to murder our child. My hands turned into fist as I was upset about my brother and father not telling me this. How the real reason my mother died... How they took a woman's live away just to keep me and the Underworld safe. I was a little scared to carry on reading.

This changed my view on my father. I couldn't even think about what he had done. I knew if I was in his shoes I would of done the same but somehow Acnologia still got free. Mard Geer must of been the one to free him. If his mate was killed and his child was in Earthland and never knew about anything of her father it was impossible for his bloodline to return. I soon heard a knock on my door as I looked up. "Come in" I nearly shouted as I was shocked to see Jellal and Gray come into my office. Gray closing the door behind him.

"Erza and Reiki went to find Lucy again, this time we think she found Acnologia" Gray spoke putting some images onto my desk. Smoke and dark blast came from the Forbidden Forest. I could tell the black and red blasts were Erza's but the others and smoke I was unsure on. "If they found Acnologia they may have found Lucy" Gray soon added as I stood up. "Gray you are to go after them" I spoke as he nodded. I was meant to keep Gray and Gajeel around for the war with the reapers.

We wasn't mean to be sending anyone to search until after this war was over. Erza had different plans. She always felt guilty. She blamed herself. Sadly I did not help. One day in rage I did yell and blame her for Lucy going missing. "If my wife and son get hurt Dragneel your life will be in danger" Jellal soon spoke harshly as I looked at him. "I ordered her not to look for Lucy until we dealt with the reapers" I soon spoke harshly also but I could see by Jellal's eyes he didn't care. It was worry and rage mixed up into one.

He was having how I felt when Acnologia first took Lucy.......

Erza.... Find her.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Chapter Preview: 

  The notebook soon ended on my grandmothers writing as I had sat up reading this part over and over again. Natsu's father killed my grandmother. I was in pure shock. I was also confused and upset. Did Natsu know about this? Did Erza? I was taking quick breaths trying to calm myself as I knew if I got to upset my blue flames would of gotten out of control. I soon looked through the pages getting to the last one to see one more entry from my grandmother.