CHAPTER EIGHT

Cassie hesitated in front of the threshold of their home. After they left Golden Homes,she and Ella had gone back to Ella's house to sleep and talk. When it was seven pm Ella left for work,leaving only Cassie in the house. Just like she told Ella, she wanted her mother to go to bed before she got home, since Beatrice goes to bed early and barely wait up for her. Which is the reason she's standing in front of the door hesitating at the threshold.

Taking a deep breath,she opened the door and stepped inside. The lights were off which meant her mother had turned in early just as she had expected. Cassie closed the door as softly as she could. After locking it,she tip-toed across the room to the stairs. Just as she was about to step on the landing,the lights came on making her go still.

Busted. She thought as she turned around to see Beatrice leaning on the wall,with one hand on the switch and phone in the other hand. She had this look on her face that clearly said: 'you have some explaining to do,sly girl.' And Cassie wondered what brought about the look, for all Cassie knew,her mother have never chastise her about staying out late; it was well known that Beatrice does not care about her.

So, whatever her mother wanted to say is surely not about her lateness or the money.

"Mother,I thought you had gone to bed." Cassie feigned a smile.

"Good evening to you too." Beatrice folded her arms over her belly. "So,how was your day?"

Cassie frowned. What is she up to now? "Huh... Fine,I guess."

"Did you make any good deliveries today?"

OK,now this is getting weird.

"Mom,why the questions?"

"Am I not allowed to ask my daughter how her day went?"

"Of course you are. But it's not like you to ask." Cassie folded her arms too. "I know something is wrong somewhere. Or is it about the money I am owing you? I don't have it now."

"It's not that." Beatrice rolled her eyes. "You don't have to keep things as Important as what I heard about you today, from me."

"What are talking about?"

"Oh,don't play dumb with me." Beatrice said. "I always knew that you would eventually listen to me. But I never thought that it'll be so soon."

"This is getting weird by the minute." Cassie muttered to herself. To Beatrice. "Mom ,I am not in the mood for your talks."

"Yeah. Yeah. You can brag now since you will be swimming in money soon. Just know that I am your mother and I expect fifty percent of the money you receive."

"For the love of all that breaths,what are you talking about?" Cassie threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Come see this for yourself." Beatrice walked over to where she was standing, then held out her phone to her.

Cassie took the phone from Beatrice's outstretched hand. She did a double take when she saw the picture of she and Kaden on the internet. A twitter battle was going on about the headline which made Cassie flush a bright red in anger.

' Uptown Billionaire prince meets Cinderella from Downtown.'

Cassie felt her self getting more angry as she read on: 'It seems Kaden Mckade has finally met a blonde who doesn't fancy him like his other one week flavours. Click on the video below to hear to conversation that ensued between them.'