Chapter Eighteen

"Earth to girl."

"R!" Cassie jumped off the stool she had been sitting on before Ella entered. She pulled Ella into a hug,surprising the both of them.

"What's up?" Ella pulled away from their embrace and sat on the other stool facing Cassie. "You were staring off into space when I came in and even this place looks dry."

Cassie ignored the question as she sniffed the air like a blood thirsty hound." Do I smell Burger and chips?"

"Yes,nozilla." Ella shook her head before producing the brown paper bag containing Cassie's favourite snack. "I got it just the way you love it and also your precious soda."

"You're the best." Cassie groaned at the first bite.

"Chant it sister." Ella bit into her own cake with a giggle. "Now that we have that out of the way,can you tell me why you were so lost in thought that you didn't hear me coming?

Anyone could have entered without you even knowing."

"To steal what? Flowers?" Cassie scoffed." And just to satisfy your curious soul, I've got a lot on my mind. Which reminds me, Did you by any chance know what was in the file that Josie wanted me to sign that day?"

"No." Ella said without missing a beat or batting an eyelid. "Did she do something?"

"Yes,she did. Can you believe that--" Cassie narrated everything to Ella,who had stopped eating to listen with rapt attention. "---Five year contract. Could you believe that she tricked me?" Cassie finished with a frown.

"I don't think that Josie is capable of such a thing." Ella defended.

"Whose side are you on anyway? I told you that I have proof."

"I'm on no one's side. But the first time I met Josie...I don't think she's someone who's capable of that."

"Then tell me why I haven't seen her since the after noon that William was here."

Ella frowned at her. "Who's William?"

"A friend of mine, I met him that night after I went to dinner with Kaden. And could you believe that we almost kissed?"

"You almost kissed?" Ella gasped.

"And not only that," colour flooded her cheeks. "We kissed." That came out as a whisper.

"Omfg." Her voice went ultrasonic. "I want every juicy detail. Don't leave anything out."

Cassie explained everything. "And also last night---" she narrated everything from when she read the contract to the point when he kissed her. ---And he released me and walked away without a word. Could you believe that?'

"That's a jerk move." Ella frowned. "And why would he want to give you the penthouse and other things just because of flower deliveries?"

"I don't know. I've been asking myself the same question over and over again but I just don't get it." Cassie took three huge gulps from her soda.

"And to think he kissed you when he was clearly engaged to that USK." Ella shook her head in disapproval.

"What's USK?"

"Uptown Spoilt Kid."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "You always have names to call people."

"Is this coming from the person who labeled her new boss 'manwhore'?" Ella snorted. "Ah, I think I should tell you before you find out from someone else. Kaden Mckade, manwhore and recently titled, Armani suit freak, by Jamie dropped by the cafe last week."