Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Any news yet?" William asked Kaden as he slipped into the chair beside Annie's bed.

Kaden who had been holding his sister's hand and apologizing,quietly,to Annie for failing her,lifted his head and shook his head before staring at his sister.

It's been a week now and there was no sign or news about Cassie's whereabout. Skylar was also absent ever since they left the hospital together. He had gone to her house three times and each time,he didn't meet her at home. Even her number kept going to voicemail.

Kaden couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong somewhere. But he didn't know what was wrong. Everything looked suspicious.

Skylar appeared the same day that Cassie disappeared.

Strange,isn't it?

"Doctor Greene said that she's improving day by day,but he does not know when she'd come to." Kaden kissed the back of Annie's hand.

William touched her other arm too. "I meant Cassie not Annie."

Kaden's jaw tensed up with Anger. "I don't want to hear about her. At least not until someone calls me that she has been found."

"Kaden, don't you think that we are jumping into conclusion?"

"We're not." Kaden dropped his sister's hand and got up. "I don't know about you but I am sure that she's the culprit."

"You don't---"

"Drop it Will." Kaden yelled.

They both froze when Annie's monitor began to beep like crazy. Kaden ran to her side when he saw her chest rising and falling as if she was out of breath.

"Will,Will get the doctor!"

William tore out of the room and went in search of Doctor Greene. Few minutes later,he returned with Doctor Greene and two nurses. William and Kaden were ushered outside by one nurse,while Dr. Greene and the other nurse,fussed over Annie.

Kaden paced the hallway while praying that something must not happen to his sister. If something happens to her, he would move heaven and earth to find Cassie.

Even if that's the last thing he would do.

~•~•~•

Cassie cried until she had no tears left. Albert and Sarah had come in to see her three times that week and they taunted her to no end.

They brought newspaper and magazines with them just to mock her with what the whole of Philadelphia thought of her now. All that didn't hurt her as much as Kaden's words.

He didn't trust her at all.

He even issued out a search warrant for her. And he was the man she thought herself to be in love with. So much for being in love with him.

But then who would blame him? She would have thought the same thing too if she were to be in his shoes. Anyone would react that way,but didn't he even think that she might have been kidnapped?

Cassie wished that she could see him right now and tell him that his Ex fiance was behind her his sister's state and her own kidnapping. Cassie wondered about how her mother and Ella would feel when they learn of the fact that she had been kidnapped. Would Beatrice cry for her?

Somehow Cassie doubted it. But nevertheless, she missed her mother greatly. She wished that she could see her now and tell her that she loved her even if she was not her biological parent. But it was already too late for that.

The door opened and Skylar walked in carrying a tray filled with an iron flask, three slice of toast bread and a teacup. Skylar was the one who brought food to her twice in a day, while Sarah was in charge of when she wants to use the bathroom, just because she didn't trust Cassie not to escape. As if she would.