Chapter Twenty-One

"Well?" Arabella inquired; she moved closer to the bed,holding a basket with a napkin concealing the contents in it from view.

"It's absolutely nothing Mrs Mckade." Amelia shrugged.

"I want answers fast Amelia."

"Okay."

Ansela's eyes went as wide as saucers. Amelia would not give her away,would she?

"Ansela wanted to remove the oxygen max." Amelia didn't miss the way Ansela's body slumped against the pillow in relief. "I was telling her that you would not be pleased when you come to learn of it, and thank the heavens that you came in time. Which reminds me that I have to leave now."

"Are you sure that's it?" Arabella placed the basket on one of the empty steel chairs.

"One hundred percent." Amelia pushed her glasses to the bridge of her nose. "I will drop by again Ansela, see you later. Mrs Mckade."

Arabella merely nodded at Amelia,who stalked out of the room like a soilder on a rescue mission.

"I have to ask Dr. Greene if you can remove the mask already." Arabella removed the napkin to reveal several ceramic plates with covers,a cup, cutlery and a silver flask. "You are hungry,aren't you?"

Ansela nodded. "Yes."

"Oh, would you look at that?" Arabella slapped her hand to her forehead. "I forgot the other flask in the car. You know what? I'd go and get the flask first,then I would stop by to see Dr. Greene. Stay right here." Arabella dashed out of the room.

As if she was going anywhere. Ansela rolled her eyes as she relaxed against the pillow.

Plans began to formulate in her head. She must do everything possible to make William stay away from Cassie. And she knew exactly how to do that. If William didn't take care of her,who will?

Ansela closed her eyes with a smirk playing on her lips. Being stuck in a hospital bed, although so annoying, can have it's own advantages. And that advantage is what she's going to put into action right now.

She heard the door open,thinking that it was her mother, she didn't bother. But when the footsteps stopped beside her bed and the person didn't utter a word,Ansela's eyes flew open. What she saw made her eyes widen in fear,but before she could make a sound,the fire extinguisher cylinder came down on her head,real hard and fast. As darkness began to close in,she felt hot liquid trail down the side of her face.

A familiar face appeared in her line of vision and although she wanted to scream and jump at the person,only a tinsy teeny word escaped her lips before she finally succumbed into darkness.

"You."

~*~*~*~*

Regret came really hot,hard and fast. It was merciless in fact. It wasted no time in rearing it's ugly head and made it's ugly and loathsome self known.

Cassie clutched the bed spread against her naked body,eyes searching for her discarded clothes not willingly to meet Kaden's gaze.

How stupid of her. How very very stupid of her. What was she thinking to have slept with Kaden the manwhore,Armani suit freak, her number one enemy?

She should really be handed an Oscar,with the title 'most stupid female since the twenty-first century happened'. Befitting isn't it?