Chapter Fourteen

"You've got a nice place." William said as he followed Cassie into the flower shop.

"Thank you."

Cassie hanged her tweed jacket on the coat rack,before leading William to the table and chairs she had set up behind the dandelion Rack,which was beside the door.

She had gone to the store yesterday after calling William,it was there she found a well used plastic table and three chairs.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back." Cassie motioned for him to sit in the chair before going into the small kitchen which was located at the back of the store beside the changing room.

She found William at the black rose rack when she returned from the kitchen with a tray which held two cups,one was filled with cool lemonade while the other one was filled with coffee. A small bowl,which held milk,another small one which held sugar and finally,four of Ella's famous strawberry cup cake.

Cassie set the tray on the table,then stood back to watch William. There was something about him that she couldn't explain. He made her feel comfortable and she felt as if she could tell him anything without fearing that he would use it against her.

He was clearly what every girl would want as a husband.

Cassie was curious about who he really was. And whoever he turned out to be, she was sure that he was from uptown and he was rich. If anything,his shiny silver car on the other side of the street proved that he was rich. Which only heightened her curiosity.

Who was he?

"What flower is this?" William asked without turning around.

Cassie joined him by the rack. "These are black rose."

"Why would anyone want a black rose?"

"For funeral." Cassie traced one of the petals with her index finger. "Black rose signifies death and hatred."

William turned his gaze on her."why do you plant and sell it?"

"I am a florist William." She snatched her fingers away from the petals. "It's not about what I want, it's about what people want."

"Will you take me on a tour of your shop?" He motioned to the rest of the racks. "I'm curious about flowers now that I seen them. You seem to be an expert when it comes to flowers."

"Sure." Cassie smiled at him.

By the time they toured the shop and returned to the table,Cassie was thirsty and elated.

She was thirsty because of all the talks about flowers and elated because he was the first male to be really interested in what she did.

"The lemonade has gone hot." William said as he sat on one of the chairs.

"The coffee has gone hot too." Cassie said with a smile.

William smiled back as he reached for one of the cupcakes the same time as Cassie. Their fingers brushed,they both felt the electricity zing through their fingers then circulate all through their body.

Cassie snatched her back,her mouth forming a perfect 'o'. William did the same thing,while staring at his hands as if searching for the source of the electricity.

Neither of them moved or say anything for about two minutes. But when the silence became unbearable, William cleared his throat before reaching for one the cup cakes.

Cassie also picked up the coffee cup,forgetting that she didn't add milk or sugar,she drank half of the coffee all in one gulp. She grimaced but didn't spit it out.