Chapter Thirteen

He didn't even do any grovelling.

Skylar had accepted the dinner invitation with any fuss or show of anger which pleased and surprised Kaden. He had expected the usual full anger blast,but Skylar had disappointed him by not throwing a temper tantrum like she used to do.

Dinner was well... Dinner.

William was sitting beside Ansela who was busy eyeing Skylar's low cut neck-line blouse with disgust on her face. The family was quite tonight which was surprising.

The only sound that could be heard in the gold and brown decorated dining room was the clatter of plates as the maids placed dishes on the golden oval shaped table.

Kaden had always loved the simple but beautiful dining room.  A gold rack that contained flowers was placed few fleets away from where Steven,his father, was sitting. Behind William and Ansela was a floor to ceiling window,flanked by gold curtains with brown trimming on the edges,which looked out into the endless yard at the side of the house. The chair was made up of royal blue with also gold rose petal trimmings at the back.

His parents had always loved simple but elegant things,just like Kaden did.

Although they had their mother's white skin instead of their father's darker one,each one of them had their father's light green eyes and his traits. They also had their father's taste in good things. But William had taken after their mother's softer heart which was why he and Kaden never see eye to eye on almost everything.

Kaden was really tempted to irk his brother but a warning glance from his father told him that he should re-think his decision. So he did.

"Will,would you do us the honour of praying?" Arabella said from the other end of the table.

####

William said a quick prayer and then after a loud and resounding amen,everyone, except him dished their food.

The truth was that his mind was elsewhere. He couldn't stop asking his self why Cassie had not called him after all this while. He was nearly going put of his mind waiting for her. Which was the reason why he was just making his arrival known to his parents.

He had thought that he would have time to hang out with her and talk her into coming with him to the family dinner he was sure that his mother would hold in honour.

He felt a bit irritated at the sight of Kaden who sat directly across from him. Kaden was glaring at him as if he was not happy about his arrival,which was not surprising since they don't get along too well.

When he heard about Kaden's engagement to Skylar Anderson,William was surprised.

Never in a million years did William see his brother settling down, since he was famous for breaking ladies heart as he pleased.

The said Fiancé was sitting across from Ansela with a glare on her face at Ansela who was glaring right back at her. William was not surprised about that since he himself harboured a secret dislike for Skylar.

But just like Kaden would say if William dared to express his feelings about Skylar,it was none of his business.

"Here are what are on the menu today," Aliyah,The Mckade's house maid for eight years, announced as she entered the room. "Quails eggs, baguette, salmon sashimi with avocado,crispy onions,sweet and spicy sesame sauce and of course Master William's favourite food."

"Crispy spicy tuna roll," William recited it with her. "With Avocado and soy paper."

This made every one except Kaden and William laugh.