Chapter Twelve

Ella you would not believe me if I tell you the name of the person that just entered Cake 'n' coffee." Daniella Promo,another waitress in cake 'n' coffee,rushed into the kitchen where Ella was busy transferring the freshly baked but now cool strawberry sponge cup cake into a lager tray.

"Who?" Ella placed the last cup cake into the silver tray.

"The one and only Kaden Mckade in flesh!"

Ella shrugged as she carried the tray and walked out of the kitchen to the front counter,where she began to arrange the cup cake into the show-glass for the display of cakes.

"You don't look surprised." Dani followed her to the counter."do you even know how popular the shop would be after the word spread that he was here today? And do you even realise how people would treat you when you tell them you saw Kaden Mckade in flesh? And just not any Kaden Mckade, but the one from uptown?"

"I invited him here,Dani." Ella rolled her eyes.

"You did what?" Dani shouted,which made every head in ten feet radius turn towards them in question.

Ella offered them a reassuring smile,which made them turn back to what they were doing."can you do the both of us a favour by keeping your voice down? And yes, I invited him here."

"I can't believe this." Dani's eyes were filled with accusations. "So this is what you do after working hours? You knew him all this while and yet you kept mute? I am surprised and disappointed at the same time."

"Listen Dani," Ella slapped her palm on the table,then whirled around to face her."you don't tell me about your personal life and I don't see any reason why I should start now. We don't talk all the time,so whatever I do with my spare time is none of your concern."

"Right." Dani scoffed.

"What's going on here?" Jamie,the third waitress,asked as she placed some dollars on the counter and her empty tray.

"Nothing." Ella threw Dani a look that said,tell her and you are a goner."whose order are you taking next?"

"That Armani suit freak over there." Jamie pointed a finger over her shoulder without turning.

Ella followed her direction and true to her word,Kaden was sitting in a booth at the far of the room,looking handsome and out of place in his Armani suit.

"You do realise that that person you are calling a freak is Kaden Mckade?" Dani scoffed again.

"Tell that to the downtown daily news not I." Jamie huffed. "Imagine him asking for blue-berry muffin and latte with designs. Where does he think he is? White house?"

Ella smiled at the fact that there was another female who didn't like Kaden Mckade. But then Jamie had always hated the uptowners since the ones she had the opportunity of meeting were snobs. And judging from Jamie's behaviour,Kaden was not on her good list.

"I am not ready to launch into a dialogue for that money snob." Jamie muttered as she reached for the last cup cake on the tray,but before she could pick it Dani slapped her hand away."ouch,what was that for?"

"We are sharing." Dani divided the cake into two. "Pick one. We have a new arrival Jamie." Dani picked her own share before pointing at the new customer settling into the empty booth beside the door.

"Right." Jamie wiped her oily hands on her apron before going to meet the new customer.

Ella removed her apron." Cover for me. I need to talk to Armani freak for few minutes. Can you do that?"