Chapter Twenty

"What?" Ansela sat up in bed;her back resting against the pillow that had been propped up behind her back, so she could rest more comfortably. "He asked you to do all this?"

Amelia zoomed the image on her I-pad so she could see it clearly. "Yes. But I'm more worried about how Kaden would react when he finds out."

"Then he better not find out." Ansela frowned at the image on the screen. "Did he say that he did not meet her at the shop?"

"Yes." Amelia pressed the home button,then the power button.

"We have to think of something. I..." Ansela paused when she heard voices coming towards the door. "I think someone's coming."

The door opened; Kaden and Cassie walked in arguing over something. Ansela winked at Amelia who returned it before turning around to face them with a smile on her face.

"Mr Mckade." Amelia nodded in greeting to him.

Kaden frowned at Amelia when he got to the bed. "What are you doing here?"

It was no news that his sister and PA were seeing each other more than necessary. And Kaden knew that wherever Ansela is concerned,there's always mischief. He just hoped that Amelia would be wise enough not to tango with his ever mischievous sister.

"I heard about what happened to miss Mckade,so I decided to drop by and say hello."

"Annie how are you?"

Ansela knew that if she uttered a word,her voice would give her away. Cassie might realise that she's Josie and that would cause more trouble. She cringed inwardly when Kaden jabbed a finger at her bad ankle,which was covered in a caste.

Kaden was about to ask her another question but Amelia,thankfully, interceded.

"Dr. Greene said that she's not allowed to talk because of her still sore lungs."

"Oh." Kaden caressed her hair affectionately. "See what I brought you." He collected the basket from Cassie,who had moved closer to the bed. "Cassie here says that it's... cantalia?"

"Catalina." Cassie supplied.

"Miss Cinderella from downtown." Amelia smiled at Cassie,who frowned at her in return.

"My name is Cassie." She turned to Ansela with a smile. "It's beautiful,isn't it?" She smiled when Ansela nodded. "My father planted a lot of it when he was alive. I've always loved the midnight blue and yellow colour. The fragrance is also soothing and refreshing."

Amelia sniffed the air with a smile on her face. "You're right. I'd like one of those."

"Sadly this is the last one. But I assure you that you'd be the first person to know when I have a new one.

"I'm Cassie by the way, we have met before,but I was to busy fending off someone to introduce my self properly."

"I believe that someone was me." Kaden frowned at her. "You called me a manwhore,in the presence of my whole staff."

"I did that only because I was right."

"You also called me an asshole."

"A very suiting name, if I do say so myself." Cassie smirked. "Or would you prefer Asswipe to Asshole?"

Ansela saw Kaden's chest puff and then she knew that if someone didn't do anything soon, shit's going to go down real fast. She gestured to Amelia to do something.

"Sir." Amelia called to Kaden who was glaring at Cassie as if she just threw down the gauntlet and he was ready to pick it.

"What?!" They shouted at her.