Chapter Twenty-Three

A week later.

Cassie, dressed in blue dungarees with white silk blouse underneath it and white trainers, walked into Golden Homes carrying two vases of Hyacinth flowers in both hands.

Although her life was not okay, she couldn't allow herself to wallow in self-pity. What good would it do her anyway?

She and Ella had gone back to plead with Beatrice,but they didn't even get to see Beatrice because, they met Cassie's bags in front of the door. Beatrice was not home either.

With Ella's help,she moved her things to the pent house. Despite the fact that Cassie knew that Ella hated charity, she had invited her to live with her. And Ella, being Ella, said no.

William and Kaden had been elusive as well. They didn't call her, Cassie didn't call them either. And even though she had been delivering flowers to Kaden's office since five days ago,she had not seen him either,since she had been avoiding him.

The only good thing in her life right now was Mrs Lancaster,whom treated her to Lunch the two times she went to deliver blue girls.

As Kaden promised her, money was deposited into her account everyday and a driver had been assigned to her as well as a new car. And even though she told herself that she was better off without seeing him,she couldn't help but think about what he was up to lately.

Had he forgotten her so soon?

It's so weird that after what happened between them,even if she had asked him to leave her alone, he didn't even call her. It's so really weird and very unlike William too.

Maybe she was right about the bet thing,who knows.

Cassie propped one of the vases between the wall and her knee and at the same time reached for the elevator button. Luckily, a man holding the uptown daily newspaper got it for her. Cassie thanked him as she balanced the vases on her hips before following him into the elevator.

The doors slide close. She stole a quick look at her companion only to see the front page of the newspaper. She started to look away but did a double take when something caught her eyes. The headline alone was enough to send her over the edge.

How dare he?

*~*~*~*

Kaden sat behind his desk twirling the single fake rose his sister got for him seven days before she was attacked in the hospital. Grief enveloped his heart making it a little bit difficult to breathe.

Ever since the day the doctor announced that there was no assurance as to when Ansela would wake up,he had been in and out of the hospital,unable to concentrate on anything. He had Amelia cancel any of his appointments that had been scheduled. He didn't think he could even think straight as it is.

Even though the policemen searched the entire ward,there was no proof that his sister had been attacked,that is except the blood stains that took up half of the bed sheets. The CCTV didn't show anything about anyone attacking Ansela. In fact it seemed that someone wiped out the entire record for that day.