Chapter One: Frustrated

~| Karkat's POV |~

'I never felt comfortable talking to anyone until I met you.' Karkat scribbled down on a piece of paper, crumpling it and tossing it across the room. His frustrated growls could be hear from another room. He couldn't handle this. One kid was turning his like into a happy hell. How was that possible? Well. Karkat felt so happy with him, sometimes he would actually smile, that was the happy. The hell? This boy brought Karkat to his knees. There was nothing wrong with the actually human, but how bad Karkat wanted to tell him was making him insane.

"UGHHHHHH" He sounded, slamming his pen onto the table. "Why do you have to make things so fucking difficult you son of an ass." Karkat began to glare at a photo of him and the blonde. In that picture they went to the mall and went inside that photo booth thing. That was one of the best days in Karkat's life.

turntechGodhead [ TG ] began pestering carcinoGeneticist [ CG ] --

TG: karkitty. hey. hey karkitty.

CG: WHAT, DAVE? WHAT ON EARTH COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT. I'M EXTREMLY BUSY AT THE MOMENT.

TG: busy? since when can you be busy. do you have leadership shit to deal with? i would help but, i dont have any experience with that stuff.

CG: YES. VERY BUSY. BUT NO, NOT WITH LEADERSHIP SHIT. FOR ONCE ALL OF THAT HAS BEEN CLEARED UP. BUSY WITH OTHER STUFF THAT IS UNIMPORTANT TO YOU.

TG: cmon karkles. you can tell me. i can keep secrets, pretty please.

CG: NO STRIDER. I WILL NOT TELL YOU. ONE, YOU ARE UNCAPABLE OF KNOWING THE FEELING THAT I AM HAVING TROUBLE EXPRESSING. AND TWO, YOU WOULD JUST GO AND TELL SOMEONE NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO KEEP A 'SECRET'.

TG: wow. that was a bit harsh, wasnt it kitkat?

CG: STOP WITH THOSE SHITTY NAMES. THEY'RE STUPID. IT'S NOT LIKE I GO AROUND CALLING EVERYONE THEIR NICKNAMES INCESSANTLY.

TG: shoutys getting shoutier. hah. no. i bet youre writing a letter to terezi. aren't you? is it a love letter to tell her about how much you love her?

CG: EW. NO. FUCK YOU.

TG; just give me a time, place, and how hard and i will gladly do so.

CG: DAVE. UGH. BYE.

carcinoGeneticist [ CG ] ceased trolling turntechGodhead [ TG ]

"God damn it you're an asshole Dave." He spoke to the computer screen, uttering other curse words. He could picture Dave with a wide smirk across his face, just chuckling about how frustrated Karkat was.

Karkat sat at his desk, squeezing his hands into fists then unclenching them. It would be a long time before he would express his feelings to the boy. The tall.. Handsome, adorable boy.

"RRRRRGH!" He exclaimed, slamming a newly found fist onto the table. "I'M NOT FALLING FOR A PRICK, NO WAY IN HELL." He rambled on, only bringing himself to a half-crying state of confusion. "I don't. I can't. It's *him*." He muttered on and on, a few red tears escaping his eyes.

If only he knew.

~| DAVE POV |~

Dave chucked aimlessly, glancing back at the conversation. That little nubby horned fool. He was acting strange, but Dave could only find it amusing.

"Oh sweet Karkitten." He trailed off, standing up from his desk. "Why must you be so stupid?" Dave walked in circles, then fell onto his bed. "So, prickish."

The ironic male laid there for a bit of time, thinking about their pester log. Karkat was acting strange, but why? They were bros, bros could tell each other anything, right?

Finally, after what seemed like forever a knock came at his door. "Lil' man. You up for a strife?" Dirk asked, walking into the room without being welcomed.

"Nah. Not in the mood. But ya know, I am in the mood for you to start knocking. I mean, I could be doing serious shit in here and if you walked in, man. It wouldn't be alright."

"So, if I'm thinking right you're either doing stuff with a girl or doing it with yourself." Dirk smirked lightly. "I get it, a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do." He walked out of the door with Dave beginning to groan.

"Just leave already go play with Cal or whatever." He groaned, shoving a pillow into his face. Dirk was an ass, the closest family he would ever have. But a huge ass.

Dave got up and shut his door, sliding his back down it and sitting down. He took off his shades and looked into them, his eyes as red as ever. "Stupid eyes." He squeezed them shut, praying that the could just change to blue, like John's. His were nice..

He sat there thinking and thinking about nothing. Little did he know, Karkat was doing the same. The two boys were far away, but yet so close. Neither of them knew what was ahead, but hey. That's what makes life so unique.