Chapter Four: Dare Tell?

(( TW FOR THIS CHAPTER: blood, knives, guns, suicide, anything really having to do with that, possible insanity. I have warned you, if you get uncomfortable or anything of the sorts of not liable for anything. CAUSE BAM, WARNING ^^^^))

•| Karkat POV |•

Karkat and Terezi sat there for some time, before Karkat finally spoke up again.

"How do I tell him? Every time I see him I get so nervous. I feel my heart race up, and I swear it almost flew out my chest.."

"Well, having your heart fly out your chest isn't exactly the way you want to go." She grinned, running a hand through his hair.

Karkat had moved down, laying his head in her lap. Yes they were still outside, but Karkat didn't seem to mind.

"Also," she started again, " cool kids got a way with words, so I'll talk to him. Maybe I'll set up plans for the three of us, but not show up?"

"No.. No. I want to do this on my own. But I'm not gonna be like Sollux and just kiss me.." His hands went over his lips, reimagining the moment. "And I'm not telling him over Trollian. That's be so shady, like I was hiding something."

Anyone could tell Karkat was stressed about this. It looked like he hadn't gotten a week of sleep, his hair messier than usual. His hands were always clenching the sleeves of his sweater, maiming from being so nervous. He hated it.

"If you don't want to do those two options you're going to just have to tell him" Terezi continued to sit, listening to the troll ramble.

"What if he says no? If he does I'll probably just run back to here and hang myself. I mean, I already have it all set up!" He didn't yell, but he was getting worked up.

"Karkat?!" Terezi exclaimed, fill with confusion. "What do you mean you have it already set up?"

"Nothing, never mind."

"Karkat."

"Okay.. Come on." Karkat stood and helped Terezi up. He got his cane for her and gave it to her, she nodded as he began to walk.

He led her to a closest and opened it. The smell if blood went through the room..

"What is this?" She asked, feeling around and smelling. Her nose, picking up the scent of his candy red blood.

"It's um.. A suicide room.. Everything I would ever need to just end it." He replied, mumbling. Terezi was the first person he showed. "Careful, please, I don't want you getting cut.. There's sharp stuff in there."

"What other stuff is in here?"

"Um.. Knives, lots of rope.. Um.." Clearly he was getting uncomfortable. "A.. Human gun, pills.. Everything."

"Karkat no." She turned around slamming that door, running into him, wrapping her arms around him. "No.. Don't please."

Karkat sighed, hugging her gently. "I can't help it.." He uttered, kissing her forehead. He could feel tears seeping through his sweater.

Terezi, attempted to stop the flood of teal tears coming from her eyes. "But why? Y-you have so much to live for." More quiet sobs came from her.

Karkat rubbed her back and held her closer. "Fuck, Terezi. Please don't cry. Please please stop crying." A few dull tears dropped from his eyes. He was terrible. He was fucking terrible. Making his moirail cry..

"I can't help it.." She sniffled. "Karkat, if you die I can't live anymore." She wasn't talking physically, but mentally. They were each others rock.

"I- I know., that's why, I couldn't tell you about that room. I knew that it would hurt you, and I never ever want that."

"Karkat."

"Yeah.. Terezi?"

"If anything, do two things for me before you end it."

"Okay."

"Make sure to see me, so I can tell you how much I love you. And tell Dave, how much you love him."

Karkat nodded. "I will." His lips pursed, on the line of more tears. "Fucking.. Hell." He muttered, wiping them away.

They stayed there for quite some time until Terezi had to leave. Then Karkat sat on his couch. Not moving a muscle, maybe he'd call the Strider over. The least he could do was say no..

carcinoGeneticist [ CG ] began trolling turntechGodhead [ TG ]

CG: HEY, DAVE.

TG: yo whats up karkitten

CG: CAN YOU COME OVER? I NEED TO TALK TO YOU.

CG: IT'S BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE FOR A WHILE.

TG: uhh sure man ill be over soon

CG: CAN YOU TRY TO HURRY, JUST A LITTLE?

TG: yeah dude

TG: ill hurry

turntechGodhead [ TG ] ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist [ CG ]

Thank god he was on the way. He wanted his hand on that blade again.

•| Dave's POV |•

Dave scuttled to get a few things before going over to the others hive. Obviously he wasn't kidding about being there quickly. Karkat didn't seem like himself.

Dave wore his normal clothes, plus a leather jacket. It was getting colder outside and if he had to walk home he needed something warm. He fixed up his hair and put on his shades, walking out his bedroom door.

"Lil man going out tonight?"

"Fuck you, no. Go away."

"Well, someone's antsy."

"Uh yeah. You could say."

"Why? Dude just cause I'm your bro doesn't mean you can't tell me shit."

"Nothing. I like someone and I'm gonna tell them. Get off my case." Dave grumbled, walking down the long flight of stairs. Once he made his way out the door, he sprinted the whole way there. The whole way.

"Karkat." He yelled, knocking at the door. He knocked a few more times, before opening up the door to see a horrific image.

Karkat sat, right in the middle of his floor, making a cut after another cut after another cut. Blood was splattered onto the floor like a murder scene.

"VANTAS." Dave yelled, throwing off his jacket and tossing it aside, running to him trying to pull the knife away. "Karkat, give me the knife."

"No." He shook his head shakily. "No." He glared at the blonde, keeping the firmest grip on the knife. "It's mine."

Dave growled, tackling the boy over in a pursuit for the knife. He word do anything to get that knife out of his hands. Even if he had to hurt him to get it away, the knife was hurting him more than Dave ever would.

After about ten minutes of a good tackling over the knife Dave finally got it. "Thank lord." He mumbled to himself as Karkat stood.

"So? Who cares if you got that knife. That knife is nothing compared to what I have." He grinned, almost like he was mental. Karkat stumbled his way over to the closest, the lack of blood in his system was making him dizzy. "Look at this!" He exclaimed, opening up the door. "I've got all I would ever fucking need to end it right here. And there's no way you can stop me from every single blade, pill, rope, anything." He snarled, getting dizzier.

Dave's eyes widened in fear as the closet door opened. "Holy shit.." Were his only two words. The room began to smell more with blood, which in Dave's opinion smelled terrible, but why wouldn't it. "Karkat, please, just come over to me, and it will all be okay."

"No. No fucking way am I going over to you. You're just gonna try to stop me. Hell I've been trying. I've been trying for years, and someone always comes to the rescue. And well, today cool kid. It's not gonna be you, or me, or Terezi. Or any other troll or human in the universe. No ones stopping me today. And if that means I have to kill you first. I will." He uttered, walking into the closet, digging around for other things.