Chapter Twelve: Daybreak

•| Hai|! I know I haven't updated in quiet a bit, but I would like to thank you guys SOOOOOO MUCH.
This story had 1.1k reads and I can't handle it. Hopefully I can make this chapter sort of a make-up present for being inactive.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS TOO! It makes me smile when you guys comment, even if it's like "NOOOO SOLLUX WHY!WHYY WOULD YOU DO THIS AHHJSNDIW"
Just thank y'all<3 *kiss* -Admin |•

•| Karkat's POV |•
Karkat's breath became shaky as he saw the yellow blood spreading onto the floor. Memories flashed back of Sollux and himself, all the memories they had when they were young.

"A-are.. We aren't going to let him die right..?" He stuttered, holding onto Dave's arm for support, any longer and Karkat would be a goner. His system was going to give out if be didn't get help.

"Well, that really is the conundrum isn't it? I realized that it technically be a murder if we did, but then again he did abuse us, and try to kill us." Dave replied, picking Karkat up and setting him on a table. He mouthed the words 'stay there' before walking his frail body over to Sollux.

Sollux by this time had actually passed out, other than that feeling of it happening. Dave poked at him, and made sure he was passed out. "Alright." He began to speak, re-entering all life in the room. "So, I think we should get him to stop bleeding, and then take him outta here. He'd probably been in here so long he'll turn to dust with sunlight." He attempted to lighten the mood.

Karkat nodded, laying down on the table. While Dave did that, he'd just rest. It had been awhile since he knew he could sleep, he was in safe hands.

•| Dave's POV |•

"Kar-" Dave stopped himself. He didn't want to wake him up.. He'd either throw a hissy fit or throw something at him. Instead he just walked up the the table, looking at him. "Sleep well." He murmured, kissing his forehead.

After that 'romantic moment' he went back to the lisping asshole. He wrapped his wounded arm up. Alright, now the challenging part. Dave lifted up the Captor over his shoulder and walked towards Karkat.. He was more than likely going to carry him too.

Once Dave said his name a few times with no response, Dave picked him up carefully and held him close. For all he cared he could just drop Sollux and run out, it was Karkat he wanted safe.

Maneuvering through the halls was a little difficult, just because he was holding two people. But, he finally found his way up and out. The sun light burned like hell, now he knew how vampires felt.

Now what? He had both Sollux and Karkat, one almost a murderer, one, practically the same thing, for for a good cause. Dave lightly pecked of Karkat's forehead, "I've never been more proud." He grinned, walking forward.

This moment of pure silent was going to determine what Dave was going to do. Sollux needed to pay, but murdering him? It just never seemed like he would win, at any time.

Dave strolled to Karkat's hive, letting himself in and set karkat on the couch to sleep. He even gave him a nice blanket as well. He walked himself back outside and pulled out his phone.

-- turntechyGodhead [ TG ] began pestering gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] --

TG: pyrope im in a bit of a hard situation

TG: and i have no idea what im gonna do

GC: WH4T 3X4CTLY 4R3 YOU TRY1NG TO DO?

TG: well sollux just tried to murder me and Karkat so

GC: K1LL TH3 B4ST4RD! 1S TH4T S3R1OUSLY 4 H4RD THOUGHT?!

GC: 1F H3 TR13D TO MURD3R TH3 BOTH OF YOU H3 D3S3RV3S TO ROT IN H3LL

TG: i know that im just worried about Karkat hes a little emotional over the fact of him

GC: H3 4LMOST K1LL3D H1MS3LF B3C4US3 OF TH4T DOUCH3

GC: YOU R34LLY TH1NK H4V1NG H1M B4CK 1N TH3 P1CTUR3 1S 4 GOOD 1D34?

TG: so i should do it when hes alseep like right now

TG: just go and kill him and just pretend i didnt kill his old best friend

GC: H3 4LMOST K1LL3D YOU 4ND K4RK4T 1F YOU H4V3 4 PROBL3M SHOOT1NG H1M 1LL DO 1T.

GC: 3NOUGH S41D

-- gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] ceased trolling turntechyGodhead [ TG ] --

Dave bit his lip and out his phone into his pocket. Well, he saw Terezi's opinion on the subject. She was his Moirail. She always knew what was best for him in the past. Was it just the thought of murdering someone that was so.. Destructing?

He began to walk away from his Matesprit's hive, if they were even that, after all this that term might be a stretch. He shrugged it off, feeling no true emotion towards the topic.

Dave walked at least fifty feet more before dropping Sollux flat of the ground, no pity at all.

"Alright asshole this is how it's gonna play out." He began speaking as Sollux began to groan from the fall. "You're gonna be dead in the matter of ten minutes I just have to figure out how."

Sollux chuckled from the ground. "At lea'tht make it a fair fight." He replied, raising himself up slowly. His shoulder was still in extreme pain, but that wouldn't stop him. He was going to kill him.

Right then and there it had turned into a battle of life or death. Both had knives, jolting at each other from time to time. They had tackled each other and they had stabbed at each other. Nothing too bad was happening.

It had been about ten minutes of extreme fighting, and both of them were exhausted, but one simple thing wasn't going to get in his way...

When Sollux got the chance he tackled Dave, slamming them both onto the earthy ground.

"Now. When I'm determined to do th'omthing. I do it fully, and completely." He snarled, pulling out his knife and almost pressing it onto Dave's forehead. Dave didn't fight back, this was the end.

A large crash went off.
That wasn't just a crash.
It was a gun shot.
But. Who was dead?

Sollux. Was dead? He had gotten shot in the head.. By who?

Dave averted his glance to the left and right, soon seeing Karkat standing there, gun in his hand, trigger pulled. He had done it. He did.. What Dave couldn't do.

"K-Karkat?" Dave said a bit shocked. I mean, first of all, yellow was bleeding all over him, and two, Karkat had shot the gun?

"Yeah Dave?" He asked, leaning beside him, trying to smile.

"You did that?"

"Yeah.. I- I guess I did.. I mean. He was hurting you, and I wasn't going to let you die and.." Clearly he was getting emotional, he had just killed an ex best friend.

"Shh." Dave replied, pushing the frail Captor body away. "It's okay." He wrapped his arms around him, holding him close. "I'm proud of you."

Karkat tried to smile at that remark. Dave Strider was proud of such a little twerp. He hugged him tightly, nuzzling his face into his shoulder. "Is it all over?"

"Yeah, it's all over."