Chapter Three: Moirail

•| Karkat's POV |•

Karkat ran all the way back to his hive, not stopping once to look back at the mustard blood. He kept running, ignoring the red tears in his eyes, slamming the door open and closed, sliding his back against the door. Usually he wouldn't be so emotional with a sudden kiss, but it was *Sollux*. He had been through so much with him, more like every quadrant to man.

They had been Matesprits, Moirails, and in a Kismesis. It was terrible now. Before they agreed to stay out of quads with each other it was just too stressful. Now Sollux was flushed for him?! No. He wasn't going through another moment getting cheated on, or crying himself to sleep. It wasn't worth it.

After some time of crying over the hard memories he made his way to his husktop, ignoring the dozens of messages Sollux was sending him, he went to his Trollain, clicking his Moirail's name, beginning a chat.

carcinoGeneticist [ CG ] began trolling gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] --

CG: TEREZI, I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW. IT'S IMPORTANT.

CG: AND THIS TIME I'M NOT BEING OVER DRAMATIC.

GC: K4RKL3S?

GC: WH4T H4PP3ND?

CG: IT INVOLVES SOLLUX.

CG: JUST PLEASE GET OVER TO MY HIVE AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

CG: YOU KNOW.. IT'S COMING BACK.

CG: THAT FEELING..

GC: 1M ON MY W4Y

GC: JUST ST4Y WH3R3 YOU 4R3

CG: OKAY...

gallowsCalibrator [ GC ] seased trolling carcinoGeneticist [ CG ]

Karkat leaned back in his chair biting his lip, it was clear he was going to fall back into his habits again, but, it would be better if at least Terezi tried to stop him.

He glanced at the knife sitting across the room, taunting him. It was screaming his name, like, 'c'mon Karkat. One cut won't hurt, it'll make the pain just, fly away.' It giggled and snarled at him, like some deranged animal.

All he could do was sit and wait until Terezi arrived. "Please, just hurry up.." He pleaded to himself quietly. "Please Terezi please. I need you right now."

The wait was killing him, even though Terezi lived in close proximity to him, she was far away in his eyes. Karkat wanted to run outside and look for her, but she told him to stay where he was, and that's what he would do.

Karkat's eyes filled with relief as Terezi walked through the door. More tears flooded out from his eyes as she wrapped his arms around him in a hug, "Oh Karkles.. "She sighed, holding herself close to him.

"Terezi, I can't hold on anymore. I really can't."

"C'mon. Let's get out of here, I don't think this is the best room to talk about this stuff in..." She mumbled, picking up her cane and walking down the stairs with ease.

"Okay.." He replied, running down before her like a puppy following its owner. "Terezi.. I have more than just that as a problem."

"And what's that?"

"I'm flushed for someone.. Hard.. And I feel like they don't really know I exist."

Terezi stopped and smiled at him. "That's cute, who is it?"

"Mmmph. I don't want to say.." He sighed, pulling her out the door of his hive. "Can we just sit outside?"

"Of course."

Karkat sat down and Terezi followed, then continued to talk. "So.. Sollux kissed me, and I just ran away, then I just started thinking of the hell he put me through and I have that feeling again."

Terezi nodded and looked at him, well, attempted to. "Karkat, you know, how I picture you?"

"How?" He asked, a little confused on why she suddenly decided to bring it up.

"I see, a troll, with messy hair and nubby horns that everyone likes to tease about. I see, a person about my height, because when we talk I can feel the words press onto my chin. I can picture you as a strong, tough guy, or a sweet, gentle one. Because you're both. I don't think you realize who you are. Sure you have a history, but that doesn't mean you can't change. Now, tell me what you think of yourself."

"I'm exactly what you say, but.. The last part. I'm not strong and tough, I'm not like that at all, nor am I sweet and gentle. I'm a rude, nasty person who just deserves to die.."

"No no.. That's not you at all, that's what your mind is telling you. You're inner self is the one that I described, while you see the outer shell. "

Karkat began to mumble. "I'm flushed for Dave. That's who.." His face started to heat up a bright red.

"The cool kid," she grinned, chuckling lightly. "I can picture you two together." She put an arm around him. "Karkles, even though I'm blind doesn't mean I can't smell the candy red blush covering your cheeks."

"Shut up, there's no need to remind me of it." He muttered, shoving his face into his Moirail's shoulder.

Terezi smiled and stroked his hair. "Tell him."

"I'm sure he likes someone else, like a human.."

"Tell him. Sollux got his feelings out, I'm sure that helped him. Being scared inside is going to lead up to actions. Tell him." Terezi kept talking. Karkat loved how she knew what to say, since they were best friends, but never wanted anything more, they became a beautiful pair of Moirails.

"Okay.. I'll tell him. Just, please just stand behind a wall or something when I do.."

"No can do. This is your job to do. I can't always be here to baby you. I can be here to make sure you don't kill anyone or yourself, to talk about your problems. But that's where I draw the invisible line."

She was right. Karkat couldn't continue to be a baby for the time, she was being the best Moirail possible. Pushing him out of the nest for his own good.

"Thank you Terezi. But if I fuck it up can I come talk to you?"

"Of course. I never said I was ending out Moirailigence. I just said I couldn't help you. It wouldn't be good for your sake. All I'm doing is helping you in the long run."

"You always know what to say.. Don't you?"

"Well, I've had my shares of this," she chuckled lightly. "so you could say so."

"Love you Pyrope."

"Love you too, Vantas."

(( So. When I talk as someone when they aren't typing I use normal wording, since they physically can't talk with numbers, like Terezi. So yeah. Sorry >.< ))