Chapter Fifteen: Planning

•| Asdfghjkl. I'm goin to start out with another admins note. Because omgggg 2.1k reads!! Thank y'all so much. It's really exciting know that I haven't even finished at this story is at over two thousand reads. Y'all are the Bessst!
-Admin <3 |•

•| Dave's POV |•

"So, what are we gonna do? We have to plan all this.." Dave started, looking at magazines of wedding stuff, Dave didn't know what it was. Typical groom.. "I like those?" He continued cluelessly, pointing at a set of flowers.

"You're pathetic, really pathetic." Karkat grinned sitting next to him. "Have you really never been to a wedding before?" Karkat took a few magazines to look at, skimming through good locations and other sorts of things.

"Unless I was little enough to forget it no.." He replied. Flipping through more pages. Was going to a wedding that important..?

"Just let me plan everything, I have some pretty good helpers, you however not so much." Karkat chuckled lightly, getting up from his chair. He walked into another room, just kind of leave Dave there.

Dave understood, he was talking about Kanaya, Nepeta, Aradia, Terezi especially. As long as Nepeta didn't hang dead animals and they weren't having a corps party.. It would be okay. Kanaya had a good style. Terezi liked red.. Red was good.

He shrugged it off and walked into the other room. Looking for Karkat he wandered around. "Karkattt." He whined, searching around. "I miss you,"

"You are such a big dork. I don't see how people find you so badass." Karkat smiled, wrapping his small arms around him from behind. "Because you're really a big ball of cuddle."

"That's what you think, and that's what you see, but secretly I'm a badass who sneaks out every night and kills bad guys." He lifted his arms up and turned his head, seeing the smiling creature below him. "You're so cute. You're blowing my cover." Dave smiled back at him, kissing his forehead.

"I know, that's the one good thing about being short and adorable. I get your attention." He smirked and let go of him, walking around to stand in front of him. "You know we're going to have to take a dance class."

Dave's eyes widened, a bit shocked at the words that came out of his mouth. "Did you just say a dance class? Karkat I dance perfectly, I don't see how taking a class is going to get this, better."

"Can you ballroom dance?"

"Psh. Yeah."

Karkat took Dave's hands. He put on of them on his own waist and the other in his hand. Karkat put the his free hand on Dave's shoulder. "Do it, Strider."

Dave fumbled a bit, then looked at Karkat. "Yeah I can't. But can we do one of those funny first dances or whatever?"

"Maybe, I'm planning. Just make sure you have dancing shoes." He winked and walked back into the kitchen where all the magazines were. Karkat was gonna plan this, because Dave would turn everything black and have a pirate come in some how.

Karkat planned, made phone calls, everything was coming into play. It was going to be perfect, with the help of a few, of course.

•| A Few Days Later |•

•| Karkat's POV |•

Karkat sat in the middle of the living room floor, the faint smell of flowers filling the room. He carefully wrote inside cards, making sure he addressed a letter to everyone on the list.

"Karkat?" Dave asked, peaking his head out from the kitchen.

"Yes, Dave?" Karkat replied, turning his head and smiling, then returning back to his work.

"Whatcha up to?" He asked once more, walking towards him. He sat himself on the floor by his fiancé, careful of all the cards scattered around.

"Making our invitations, signing them. In fact..." Karkat paused, reaching for a stack. "Sign these."

"Why?"

"Are you really going to ask?"

"Not.. Really.." Dave became quiet, silently agreeing to sign the cards. One by one, steady and pretty.

"It's all coming together, you know."

"I wouldn't, I haven't been able to help at all."

"Well, you're Dave. You're supposed to stand their and look ironically attractive as hell."

"I can live with that title." He smiled, pecking Karkat on the cheek lightly. "What do you say about leaving the cards for something else?"

"Mmm. No. These cards need to get mailed out as soon as possible. You're cute though." Karkat chuckled, patting Dave on the cheek.

"Well, thank you." Dave grinned, wrapping an arm around him. "Need any help?"

"Maybe just some company."

"That's the one thing I can do without screwing up."