Chapter Six: Mine

•| Karkat's POV |•

Karkat began to play with one of Dave's hands, since he was sitting in between the males legs it was easy for him to just reach and take one. He moved his fingers around, he felt the softness of the others skin.

"Hey Dave?" Karkat murmured quietly, still looking down at the others hand.

"Hmm?" He hummed, holding Karkat around the stomach with his free arm.

"I really.. Like you." He replied, his face heating up quickly with candy red blush. "Isn't that the human t-term?"

"It is." He sweetly pecked his cheek, pulling the troll closer. "And Karkat, I'm flushed for you too."

That just made Karkat melt. He turned his head around to face him and created a kiss between the two. Karkat cupped both of his cheeks, careful of his wrists and continued to kiss him.

Dave here was a bit shocked, just the quickness of saying what, five words, would make this guy kiss him? Good enough. Strider kissed Karkat back, wrapping his arms around him in a protective way. "You're mine, and only mine, and no ones ever going to hurt you, not while you're here with me."

"Promise..?" He mumbled quietly, pulling his knees up to his chest. Karkat leaned back into Dave, looking up at him.

"Promise." He uttered into the boys hair, then kissed his forehead repeatedly.

Karkat nodded, still a bit unsure.
It was possible that Sollux could just come up and snatch Dave away, and Karkat would be empty, again.

"Alright Karkles." He smirked before giving him a quick kiss." What do you want to eat?"

"Not hungry."

"No, you're going to eat.. What about eggs..? You have eggs?"

Karkat's eyes widened in pure disgust. Obviously Dave didn't know about troll eggs and such ways. He quickly covered his body with a blanket, "oh god. No no. Not eggs. Anything but eggs. I'll eat anything.. But eggs.."

Dave was extremely confused. "Alright... How about pancakes..?"

"Pancakes..? What the hell are pancakes?" He asked, uncovering himself from the blanket.

"Come downstairs in a little and you'll know, or come down in a few minutes and help me make them." Dave replied, walking outside of the room and down into Karkat's kitchen.

Karkat sat there in compleat confusion. Humans didn't come out if eggs.. So? Pancakes..? For the moment Karkat didn't want to talk, because no one was there to answer his questions.

•| Dave POV |•

Dave managed his way into the kitchen, glancing around. There seemed to be an oven, stove top, refrigerator, pantry. That was all good for him. Quietly he rummaged through the cabinets looking for a pan. Once he found one, he set it down and began the hunt for everything else.

Karkat walked down the stairs and into his kitchen. He looked scared, but Dave chucked, he was wearing crab slippers. That was adorable. "Hey Dave.."

"Yeah shouty?" He asked, starting to mix some ingredients.

"You forgot these.. I know they're important, so I thought I'd give them to you."

Dave already knew what they were. His body filled with panic, though his visage remained calm as he continued to work. "Thanks, can you just leave them on the counte-"

"Can I see them, again?" He interrupted, taking a small step closer. Karkat's voice was weak, somewhat like a child's

"Karkat, I'd rather you not, not now. Later, when it's a better time. Okay?" Dave said calmly, now starting to feel ill.

"Okay.." Karkat sat the glasses on the counter and walked into the living room, where he sat watching stupid cartoons.

Dave quickly put them on his face, almost frantically now that Karkat was gone. Had Karkat seen his eyes the whole entire time..? He pushed the thoughts aside and just made the pancakes, one by one, side by side. Once he had about ten done, he put them on a plate, two small bowls beside them with honey and syrup. He also brought two other plates.

"Alright my Karkitten," He smiled, sitting down next to him. "take a plate and a pancake, dip a small part if the cake into one of the bowls and enjoy."

Karkat did what he was told and a dim smile came over his face, he really did seem to enjoy it. "Dave, why do you call them pancakes?"

"I guess because they're cakes, made in a pan." He shrugged, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend. It was nice, cuddling together, eating pancakes and watching cartoons. Though it wasn't the Strider thing to do, Dave did it anyways.

He would do anything to make Karkat happy, and that would be anything.

((sorry if this chapters a bit short. I've got some stuff planned for the future so just be ready. Sorry for also not updating as recently as I had hoped. ))