Chapter 8: Keep It A Secret(part1of2)

Bobby's POV:

At four in the morning, I had woken up to tell Dinger that we'd better start heading back to my place. But I didn't see him beside Brandi like he'd been earlier. So I knew he must be up to his usual 'pantry raiding', I got up and was about to walk in the kitchen.

Only to hear Dinger say in a muffled voice, "I might still love you". Who the hell is he talking to? And then I heard Shelly say in that same sexy voice, that made both me and Dinger weak in the knees. In case you're wondering Shelly and I dated in our sophomore year. Before that weird, spiritual body switching, three day incident happened. Before I started dating Lainie. "That could be a problem", vised Shelly.

I heard smacking, moaning and a few more things in hushed voices. "Holy shit we are", Dinger hissed. Peaking around the corner to find Dinger wiping off Shelly's kisses.

They started kissing some more, the last thing I heard before I ran outside was, Shelly ask, "how's that for a midnight snack"?

"Dinger you two-timing, man whore"! I yelled into the night as I began sprinting down the abandoned sound walk. I didn't know where the hell I was going, but I eventually ended up on The Bridge.

The Bridge, is just a really old rickety bridge, that slopes over the nasty river below. Dinger, Joel, and I used to push each other off the edge. If you think about it, it's real dangerous, which is why we never did think about it.

"How could you do this to yourself Dinger, how could do this to the love of your life", I asked to no one. I felt like beating someone's ass, Dinger's ass to be exact! I slid down the wood of the bridge, holding my head in my hands.

"I gotta tell somebody, or I could keep it a secret", I reasoned. The sun started to come up, making me lift my head up. "Damb that's a pretty sunrise".

I must've been sitting out there for about three hours, it was six o'clock in the morning on a Sunday. I reached behind me, gripping the metal rails to pull myself up. After my thinking session ended, I decided that there was only one person I could tell, and it wasn't Lainie.