Chapter 12: The Good Stuff(part1of2)

Dinger's POV:

About two months has passed since that night with Bam. So far we have been doing really good, on the whole best friend thing. Everyone keeps on talking about how we are 'too close', and how we 'have to secretly want each other', because it's 'sooo obvious that we're drowning in sexual tension'.

These people obviously don't understand our relationship. And worst of all they act like we have this dark, secretive, confusing, demented relationship. But in reality it's totally simple, we're best friends nothing more!

"Earth to dickhead", Bobby chimed, snapping his fingers in front of my face. We were in fourth period(Biology), the class right before lunch.

"Where's your girlfriend", I asked. Bobby's face grew dark, "she's not here today, had to go to some funeral or something".
Scoffing, "or something".

"Bobby and Dinger, would you care to enlighten the class about what's so important that you must interrupt my lesson", Mr. Riggs asked. Bobby looked over at me, arching his bushy, black eyebrow. I smirked, signaling Bobby to start our infamous 'Double Trouble' skit.

"Well Mr. Riggs, if you must know Dinger was just giving me a very detailed description of his wet dream he had the other night sir", Bobby explained. It was my turn now, "oh yes very detailed".

"Apache women", started Bobby.

"Vanna White and a whip", I continued.

"Ah", we both finished. At that point we had the whole class rolling. Hell, even Riggs cracked a smile. "Alright, alright, that's enough you two, back to work". We're great, me and Bobby, we just can't be beat.

******************************

"Finally lunch, my good man", Bobby yelled, as we waltzed in the cafeteria like we owned the place-we did. I laughed, and made my way to our table.

Purposefully planting a wet kiss on Kristy's cheek. "Hey baaaaaaabbbbbyyyyy", I rang in her ear-she hates when I do that. Kristy rubbed her ear, saying all annoyed-like. "Shut up Dinger"! "Oh 'shut up Dinger', real mature", I joked, making her roll her eyes.

Just then Bobby and Bam sat down, with a tray full of crispy, greasy tots. Shelly let out a disgusted snort, "you're not going to consume those are you"?
Everyone at our table(Joel, Bam, Bobby, Kristy, Angel, Maureen, and me) stuffed a tot in our mouths.

"Positively revolting, those things are gonna be the death of you people", Shelly told us, joining in on our laughter. In case you were wondering, Shelly is like super healthy-tofu shit. Then we all engaged in a serious, heated debate over whether Prince or Micheal Jackson was better.

Now of course I thought Micheal Jackson was better than Prince, by a long shot. But I wanted to get a rise out of Bobby, who would pretty much die for the man himself. So I repeatedly countered Bobby's 'evidence' supporting MJ.

"No fucking way Dinger, Prince sucks ass and you know it! You even admitted it, you're just trying get a rise out of me. Well, tough tots, you're not gettin' one from this guy", Bobby yelled.

Bobby was standing up, hands gripping the table hard-Bobby is very passionate about MJ. "Mission accomplished, Bobby boy, the rise has been delivered, front door service", I laughed. Bam high-fived me, "I'll say", she agreed.

Sitting back down, dramatically, causing the whole table to shake. "You guys, are the worst, ya know", Bobby huffed.
"That we do Bobby, that we do", chimed Joel.

Bobby didn't say a word for the rest of lunch, much to our amusement.