Chapter 17: How I Feel About You(part2of3)

Summer's POV:
(The t-shirt Summer is wearing is the one Dinger let her borrow)

Dinger and I were by "Dead Man's Peak". Honestly it's just this really high cliff, and down below is this deep lake. So far, me and Dinger have went to go see the movie "Weird Science", and played games at the arcade.

Which is weird, because I thought that that kind of stuff closed at a certain hour. But thanks to Dinger 'knowing' some people, it was a breeze to get in. "You wanna jump don't ya Bam"?

I looked at Dinger, he was standing beside me, hands in his pockets. He really is handsome, I thought. "Maybe, but we'll do it together when your leg is better", I said, shuffling my foot in the white sand.

"It's no wonder all my past girlfriends cheated on me ya know? They always think I'm either doing the same thing, or that I'm going to. Which isn't real fair, because they were always wrong, except for Kristy of course".

I wiped a strand of hair behind my ear, then Dinger looked at me in this weird way, that made feel even weirder. "Bam how did you feel about me when we first met at the party"?

I sighed and decided to be as vague as possible, "different".
Dinger turned to me and just smiled-it made me want tell to the whole truth about the way I felt about him. So I did, I just switched it up some.

"Loving you is just..................different than what I-thoughgt-it would be", I muttered, looking down at my chucks. "You love me", he asked in disbelief.

"Of course I love you Dinger, we're best friends, just like Bobby loves you-as a friend", I answered quickly. "Oh you mean like that, okay I uh, I understand.

"Whad'dya know Bam, you've got your sunrise", chimed Dinger. It was true the sun was coming up, and its orange rays turned Dinger's hair into this beautiful fiery color. His eyes even more like diamonds, his skin all angel looking, I knew that if I didn't ruin this 'Dinger At His Best' image pretty quick, I'd end up kissing him or somethin'.

"I'm tired Dinger", I fake wined. Which was a complete lie, I was wide awake. "Do you want me to take ya home orrrrr, do you wanna, I don't know maybe crash at my place? You can sleep there".

******************************

I was so mad at Dinger, I mean what kind of a cluts can he be? There I was, taking a shower in Dinger's bathroom, all because that asshole spilt a whole bottle of Pepsi on me. My really neat outfit was ruined, Dinger's washing it right now, but what good will that do?

Part of me thinks that he spilt the Pepsi all over me on purpose. But why in the heck would he do that? I stepped out the bathtub and was about to yell for Dinger to get me some clothes. But that's when I noticed the nicely folded white t-shirt, and a pair of boxers.

"Boxers", I huffed, while putting them on. The shirt was about two sizes big, and so were the boxers. Now I'm not saying Dinger is big, because he's really not, I'm just small.

I found a stick of deodorant in the bathroom cabinet and put some on. Breathing in deeply, I opened the door and saw Dinger fast asleep. His right arm was slung across his eyes and nose. So really only his lips were showing, which were parted, I'd never seen him look so peaceful and innocent as right now. Dinger snores I thought, cracking a smile at the sound of his light and faint snores(I had no idea that snores could be cute).

Pushing Dinger to the other side of the bed, and then getting on mine. You wouldn't believe how comfortable that boy's bed was, I felt like I was laying on a cloud! His room smelt of cigarette smoke, pot, colonge, and sweat.

Dinger must be nose blind, gee whiz, I thought. The covers smelt like food(which was actually pretty cool). I pulled up the covers a little, and sighed in relief that Dinger was in boxers-not completely naked.

Soon my eyes grew heavy, though it was nine in the morning. I burried myself under the blankets and my face was met with warmth, a warm chest to be exact, Dinger's warm chest to be precise.

I groaned and rolled over, away from him, after a few minutes I was dreaming, of well we all know who.