Chapter 19: Ruined By Love(part2of2)

Summer's POV:

Once I was home, I silently ran up stairs and locked myself in my room. My eyes were dry, I was cried out, but I was still hurting. How could Dinger be so cruel, espcially after all we did together.

I couldn't look at the Polaroid clips of me and Dinger anymore, so I took them down, stuffing them in my pillow case. I just wanted to go to sleep, but the fear of me dreaming of Dinger again kept me up.

My phone rang, but I didn't answer it, I let it ring five more times before slinging it across my room. I need something to do, something to break!

What does all this shit mean anyways, one guy, one day, one chance, I mean what the hell? Dinger isn't good for me, and neither is feeling anything, I thought. He's done nothing for me but complicate my simple life, and confuse me. Besides I've got better things to worry about, like myself!

My bed was calling my name, but I was afraid to even touch it. Because I knew that it would remind me of Dinger's bed, which would make me think of Dinger himself. So I sat down on my beanbag, it still smelt of Dinger's colonge.

I jumped up, and sat down in my large closet. Then I yanked some clothes off their hangers, burrying myself under them. I was pretty much suffocating myself, but that didn't matter.

"If I die tonight would Dinger cry for me, would he ask me if this was one of those times that I loved him"?

*****************************

"Oh, so our daughter does still live here, we thought you had moved out or something", my mother said, as I slumped down in a kitchen chair. "Or something", I muttered through a mouthful of Cheerios.

My dad was reading the news paper, just like he always had in the mornings. Sam's head was bobbing up and down, every once and again as he dozed off.

"Where were you this weekend", my dad asked. If there's one thing I hate more than Dinger, it would be questions. "It's still the weekend ya know, and I'm here", I remarked snidely.

My mom rolled her eyes, "you know what he me means Summer". Sloshing the already soggy Cheerios in my mouth, "at a friend's, what about you guys, what'd y'all do"?

I really just wanted to get the attention off of me, and I could tell that they planned to interrogate further. And I wasn't ready to tell them that I had slept over at Dinger's house, so I had to come up with something fast.

I spit out my soggy Cheerios and started 'choking', I started making loud hacking noises, while beating on my chest. "Summer", Sam screeched, then he reached across the table to wack my back.

Finally I could hack no more, so the choking episode was over. "Very sorry, it's just I'm weak in the throat, you know how that is", I said, my voice all raspy and weak. My mother arched her eyebrow, and my dad clucked his tounge, "this isn't over", that's what message they were sending me. Not by a long shot, I thought.