Chapter 20: Project Valentine's Day(part5of5)

Dinger's POV:

Shelly and I were on our way our to some fancy restaurant, with a name that I could never pronouce right. "I love you Dinger, you know that don't you", Shelly asked in this weird tone, that made me nervous.

"Sure I do baby", I said, opening the door to the restaurant. Shelly walked in first, and I followed, "hey Shells what's wrong with ya, I'm doing everything ya told me to", I explained.

Shelly took a seat infront of me, and started buffering her nails. Man do I hate Shelly's nails, I mean they are way to long and sharp-I have the scars on my back to prove it! "Let's just order our food okay Dinger".

I nodded my head slowly, then I started thinking about freshman year. The year Shelly broke up with me for Derek-yeah that's right Dumb Boy Derek, Joel The Phyco's sidekick! My heart sank when I realized that Shelly had done the whole repeating 'I love you' thing, just like she had been doing earlier.

When our food came I immediately grabbed Shelly's plate of tofu. "What the hell Dinger", she shrieked as I started chunking tofu at her. "Oh no, you're not breaking up with me again Shelly"!

I reached for her hand and yanked at the promise ring on her finger, "some goddamn promise huh Shelly", I yelled. At this point, people were whispering and staring at us, but I didn't give a shit.

"After everything I've done for you, you're just gonna fuckin' break up with me, just when things are gettin' serious to Shelly. I can't believe it Shelly, why huh, why, I'm so much better than freshman year! But I'm just not good enough for you am I"?!

Shelly was crying now and begging me to stop yelling at her. But I couldn't stop, just like with Bam, I couldn't stop.

"That's it right I'm not good enough for ya, I couldn't please you then and I can't please you now. Well Shelly good luck finding another guy who can fuck you as good as I do. Because trust me Shelly, it doesn't get any better than this", I shouted, grabbing myself through my pants.

I threw my drink in her face, and she threw hers back. The next thing I knew Shelly was on top of me, throwing wild punches at my face. I don't know when I started crying, but I was and that pissed me off even more.

"And you know what else Shelly, freshman year remember when you told me that you weren't a virgin, after we had sex? Then you asked me if I was a virgin, well I said no just to make your slut-ass feel good. But in reality I was, can you believe that line of shit I waisted myself on you"!!

Shelly stopped punching me and her face grew dark, "you mean I took your virginity"? Pushing her off of me, "yeah and I let you, because I loved you Shelly, and you know what sucks, the fact that I still do".

******************************

"So you really broke up with Shelly", Bam asked. I shoved more popcorn in my mouth, "yes I really broke up with Shelly, 'bout time to I'd say".

I looked at Bam as she paced back and forth in her dimly lit room. Damn, she's got the legs of a model, I thought. I had been talking to Bam in her bedroom for about two hours now, and I still hadn't had a chance to kiss her.

"Why though, didn't you love her", Bam asked plopping down on her beanbag. I turned the television on, "The Shining" was playing. "I don't know why, it just felt right at the time, also she was gonna break up with me to".

Wow Bam is really uncomfortable right now, I thought as I watched her pace the room again. Maybe the kissing her thigh thing was too much, of course not, she totally loved it. What girl wouldn't?

"Bam stop pacing and sit down before you work up a sweat, it's okay, you're with me now, you're secure", I reassured. She stopped pacing and sat down on the soft carpet beside me. My eyes drifted down to her thighs, my message was still there. She'll probably never wash her thighs again, I thought, which caused me to laugh.

"What's so funny", she asked. I looked at the clock, 11:59pm. Valentines Day is on the verge of ending, now is the time Dinger, I told myself. Quickly, I leaned over and gave her a long kiss on the neck(you guys thought I'd kiss her on the lips, haha not yet, but stay tuned).

Bam gasped, "happy Valentines Day my love", I whispered, then I kissed her on her jaw line. God I just want her lips, I thought. Suddenly Bam turned her face to meet mine, and leaned in so close I could smell the mint bubblegum on her breath.

I leaned in trying to close the gap between our lips, but she pulled back, "maybe some other time Lover Boy". I smirked playfully and said, "you're such a tease". She rolled those beautiful brown eyes and answered in a low voice, "gotta keep you interested somehow Lover Boy".