Chapter 2

Okay so I just re read the first chapter of this and for some reason I wasn't to pleased with it.

Maybe it's because I didn't have spellcheck then or she was too hyper?

But I'm determined to make this chapter better so PLEASE tell me what you think!!If I don't get enough feedback I think I'm going to delete this story. I really like the idea the cover the names everything but I just need to know that it's working for you guys!

Thanks!

Xox Shortie

************************

Chapter 2

"RAVENCLAW!" THe hat shouted out as I stood in the line of first years. I stood out dramatically even with my shortness. McGonnagal had me go into the hall with the first years so I could be sorted and then I would sit with my table. I took a deep breath as she called my name.

"Tonks, Ebony!" She called. I walked up to the stool as people stared at me wondering why I was older. Some people, even a few of the teachers, looked at me in shock or confusion. It reminded me of the look Ginny and Harry gave me on the train when I said my last name. I ignored the looks as the hat was placed on my head and it began to talk as I had seen it do.

Your head is just like your fathers. Brave yet clever. Though you have some of your mother in you. Smart and clumsy.

I smiled when the hat said this. My mom was actually in Slytherin but I don't want to be there. Dad was in Hufflepuff and so was Tonks. I guess I'd be okay with Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

You want to be with your friends but that's not what your mind is telling me.

What?

I think I'll put you in Gry- No! I know what you need to be in!

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat called out. My smile faded instantly but the hat was already being pulled off of my head and I was pushed out of the chair towards the green table. I looked over at the Gryffindors. I saw my friends from the train who all looked shocked. Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were staring at me in shock while Neville looked across the hall at the slightly shocked Luna. Ron was glaring at me. Seems he doesn't like Slytherins at all. I frowned as I sat down at the Slytherin table at the end. I tilted my head up to the teachers table where a few of the professors looked completely shocked. Even Dumbledore looked partially shocked. I looked at my head of house, Snape, and he was giving me a look as if to figure something out. McGonnagal looked shocked but she tried to hide it as she called out the next name.

"Parkin, Tyler." She called out. I watched sadly as little Tyler, who probably was up to about my waist maybe a little taller, was sorted into Slytherin. He seemed pretty bummed like me and walked over to the table taking a seat next to me. We gave a little smile to each other but then his grin widened and he began the little ball of energy I saw in the line before he was sorted.

"I'm Tyler. You must be Ebony. I saw you get sorted and the teachers all looked pretty shocked. I wanted to be in Ravenclaw with my older sister but I got sorted into Slytherin. I guess it's better than no house huh? What house did you want to be in?" He asked me. I stared wide eyed at him for a second before answering.

"I wanted to be in Gryffindor with some friends I met on the train but apparently they don't like me now." I said angrily. I guess it' not that big of a surprise. My mom was in Slytherin but she always told me I wouldn't be in Slytherin and I was too nice for that. She said that I always stand up for my friends not beat them down like a Slytherin would.He looked down sadly as if he upset me but I quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry Tyler. I'm just confused as to why I would be in Slytherin? Look Dumbledore's giving a speech." I said directing his attention to the headmaster. I listened to Dumbledore's speech distractedly only hearing bits of it. Which involved him introducing a new teacher and something about a forest. That sounds nice. A forest. After his speech he waved his hand smiling and food appeared everywhere. It was a feast of lamb chops, chicken, potatoes, roasted pig, pumpkin juice, caramelized carrots, spicy stuffing, gravy, custard, shepherd's pie, crushed peas, cranberry's, and pie. That was only the entree. When dessert came I had three servings of chocolate pie, some vanilla pudding, and some type of truffle thing.